Batch-update movie length, resolution etc.
Hi Folks,

I sometimes update my movies recorded from TV because of better resolution (for example, my database has a PAL record and the new recording is in 720p).
If I just overwrite the .avi file, my XBMC library still shows the resolution als PAL (480p) and does not list the movie in the "HD Movies" list.

So, is there any way to batch-update my complete library concerning the metatada that was gained from the file itself? This could include Movie length (in minutes), resolution, audio quality...
Maybe there is an addon that does the trick (just like "rating update" does it for IMDB ratings)?

Another file name or manual re-adding the movie(s) is not really an option, I hope there is a better way to automatically check the whole database...

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions!
Cheers,
Viktor
you have to remove (but not delete) the video from the xbmc library (in xbmc...not in something like ember) and if there are any NFO files associated with the video file delete them from your computer, when that is done re-scan (update) your xbmc library and it should now show the new tags.
Thanks for your reply, but as I mentioned, manually updating movies is what I do now, but I'd prefer some kind of a one click solution that refreshes all movie's metadata.
Maybe there's a way...?
As I recall XBMC will only rescan a directory if the contents have changed. Can you make some cosmetic change to the file name when you update the file? That will trigger a rescan.
(2012-05-23, 18:31)MCipher Wrote: Thanks for your reply, but as I mentioned, manually updating movies is what I do now, but I'd prefer some kind of a one click solution that refreshes all movie's metadata.
Maybe there's a way...?

Set source content to none and then back to movies again. this will also trigger a rescrape without loosing watched data IIRC

DO MAKE A BACKUP before trying though
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
But when I rename the file, I'll have it twice in my lib until I clean it up (throwing away missing movies in the settings). And I lose things like the 'watched'-flag.
Not that convenient Undecided
If there's no existing function, I'll try to write a script as soon as I have time for it.
(2012-05-23, 19:34)MCipher Wrote: But when I rename the file, I'll have it twice in my lib until I clean it up (throwing away missing movies in the settings). And I lose things like the 'watched'-flag.
Not that convenient Undecided
If there's no existing function, I'll try to write a script as soon as I have time for it.

try what i suggested
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
The best solution is @martijn's... I have used this approach on a number of occasions with great success! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Batch-update movie length, resolution etc.0