Win Sharing Using DLNA to Sony Bravia KDL 46HX701
Hello Friends,

I am a complete newbie with Xbmc. I have a PC in my basement and my TV is in the living room upstairs. At present I am streaming movies, music and pictures by using Windows Media Player (WMP). the quality isn't that great so I thought of trying new software. While doing search on the internet, I came across XBMC. I installed in on my pc and added videos to the library.

Now when I try to access XBMC through my DLNA enabled TV (there is no direct connection between my TV and PC), it doesn't successfully establish a connection with XBMC. Am I missing something or this product was never designed/developed to stream to a DLNA certified device over LAN.

Thanks a lot for your support.
Regards
-OJ
Can you detect XBMC using any other client? You've enabled the sharing of the library over UPnP etc?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Is it an "unauthorized access" error?

Certain hardware fails to access XBMC with that error. For example, my Pioneer reciever can't access XBMC even though my Panasonic TV can. The same reciever also works fine with other UPnP servers, such as WMP and MediaMonkey.
@jmarshall - The only other device I have is a Sony BD system. That doesn't even show XBMC during media server troubleshooting.

The result of the Media Server Troubleshooting is "Unsuccessful"
The error message displayed while doing Media Server Troubleshooting is "Compatible files could not be found"

@sialivi - Did you find any fix for your issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sharing Using DLNA to Sony Bravia KDL 46HX7010