Acer Aspire Revo R3700 choppy playback / no sound
Guys xbmc is not working for me and I am looking for ideas on how I should approach the issue I have of choppy playback with no sound. I have purchased the hardware below following some reading to ensure it is supported however I seem to be missing something.

I am booting to a LIVEcd (usb key) however I am now thinking of installing this on the 500GB HDD which is in the R3700. Is my setup below ok? is there anything else I need to do to get this to work?

Thanks

My setup

HTPC: Acer Aspire Revo R3700 Nettop, Intel Atom Dual Core D525B 1.8GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD, NOOPT, ION 2, HDMI
TV: LG 50PV350T connected via HDMI
XBMC: xbmcUbuntu v11 LiveCD (usb key)
SOURCE: H264 mkv @ 1080p located on a usb disk
SETTINGS: hardware acceleration enabled

Guys I have resolved the choppy playback by installing the xbmcubuntu on the HDD so making progress. I still have the issue where I have no sound going through the hdmi port to the TV (amp is in the post)

I have seen mentions of the acer aspire revo r3700 needing a tweak to get the sound working, can anyone help me out here?

Thanks
There are a few threads on here detailing how to get it to work so I won't repeat as it will be easier doing a search.

However, I also have a 3700 and if you install XBMCFreak, you should find that the sound works right away as all the tweaks are made for you specifically for the 3700 aswell as others.
Norms I have installed xbmcfreak and again no sound

I have been searching and just cannot see what is causing me to have no sound.

I wish to play sound from my hdmi interface to the TV (direct) so stereo 2.0

I have just disabled my onboard audio as a test and tried using every card, device combination in xbmc system :

audio output plughw:x,x

here is the output of my aplay -l

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]