using mysql does not download fanart
Hey Guys,

I've been trying to get fanart on my second htpc(bedroom).

I use MySql to sync between them but have chosen not to use pathsubstitution for the fanart to make it open faster. Problem is that its not downloading any fanart.

For the movies i get screenshots from the movie and for the tv-series i get nothing at all.

Any advice?

Best regards
Xfish
btw I'm running win 7
If you aren't using path substitution then you will need to sync/copy the thumbnails from your primary HTPC to your second HTPC.
Thx,
ill figure that one out with xxcopy Smile

-Thought it did it automatically
The next version of XBMC (frodo) will store the thumbnails, etc in the MySQL db (well the URL anyway) that way each instance of XBMC will know how to retrieve the art work and cache them locally.
See this thread as well: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129254 - using path substitution for the thumbnails doesn't really have that much of a performance hit, at least if you're on a gigabit network.
Agreed, and actually mine are fine over wireless n.
Thanks for all the great help :-)

After reading my logs i can see im getting issues with the rwx permissions through nfs on my qnap 419p+, so ill just store the information locally, and when the new version comes out ill change it so it uses mysql for everything which seems like the perfect solution.

Best regards
Xfish

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
using mysql does not download fanart0