Some Watched TV Series Show Up In List When "Hide Watched" Selected
When I go into my TV Shows and select "Hide Watched" all of the watched tv shows are hidden as they should be with thee exception of 2 shows. When I go inside those shows I see NO episodes, just the parent directory in the list (..) but nothing else.

Why will these two shows not hide like all the other shows?
Are the folders empty? XBMC shows empty folders by default.

If so, add

<videolibrary>
<hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>
</videolibrary>

to advancedsettings.xml
Didn't even think of that fems! I'll give that a shot when I get home today. Thanks a bunch for the quick response!
Just took a peek and both of the shows having issues have lots of episodes in them...

Battlestar Galactica (2003)
House

Though just for the heck of it i did try to create a new file "C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings.xml" and added the following to it...
<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Any ideas of what else it might be?

You need to look in your database directly using something like sqlitespy.

Check what is in the tvshowview for those items, then check how many of the episodes are watched for those items as well.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I ended up fixing it by using the "i" key then rescraping (refreshing) all the data for the series (eps etc..) and using locally stored data. As soon as it finished the series disappeared (was hidden like the other shows).

Thanks everyone!
(2012-05-25, 02:33)arvo.bowen Wrote: I ended up fixing it by using the "i" key then rescraping (refreshing) all the data for the series (eps etc..) and using locally stored data. As soon as it finished the series disappeared (was hidden like the other shows).

I'm also seeing this same problem with 3 different series in my library when using xbmc 2:13.2 on Ubuntu. Tried so many things, no idea why the empty folders (not really empty, just "watched") were still showing up. Your solution of refreshing the shows works perfectly, they're now hidden as expected. Thanks for the workaround.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Watched TV Series Show Up In List When "Hide Watched" Selected0