Order movies by rates - how to display sets at end instead of beginning please?
Hello

Running Eden and have my movies ordered by rating, however all my sets are positioned at the very start, ahead of my highest rated movie, but I would like sets to appear at the end, behind my lowest rated movie. Is this possible please and if so how?

Thank you
this would depend on the skin you are using...if you are using the original skin that comes with xbmc (confluence) then you should load your movie library (from home screen select Videos>Movies) now you can see all of your films listed, press the left arrow or move your mouse to the left of the screen and a pop out menu will appear. Now you see a bunch of view options, and you should be able to switch to descending or ascending (choose the opposite of what you see) now the sets should be at the bottom...I however would recommend sorting the videos by Name that way the sets are listed alphabetically.
There's a new PR (number 1000) that sorts these things correctly (i.e. the sets will be sorted appropriately according to their average rating for example).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Wink 
Thanks guys. Digitaltomj, I'm using Aeon Nox and aware of descending or ascending, but either one I choose, the sets always appear at the start of the list.

jmarshall, at least now I have a better understand on how the sets are listing within themselves, it's just a shame then that the set with the highest average rating happens to be 'Winnie The Pooh Collection' which is the first this (and anyone sitting besides me) sees! Blush

I've always thought it would be great to have an option to hide films/sets, and then have an additional option in the menu to show hidden films/sets etc

UPDATE: Just checking this out jmarshall. With 'sort by ratings' selected, the set's are listed alphabetically, so doesn't appear that are using the new PR (unless my understand is wrong)? As I also sort by descending, this explains why Winnie Pooh is top of my listings.
well...you could create a different profile for when your trying to impress your friends and then simply remove he pooh bear collections from the new profile's video library...I've never tried using another profile but I'm pretty sure this would work...you may also want to simply search for videos by genre to avoid embarrassment
jackhulk: Correct. A pull request is for something not yet in mainline. It will be pulled in during the June merge window.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

digitaltomj, it's not so much about being embarrassed of the Pooh (who doesn't love the Pooh right, RIGHT?!), it that with more and more sets appearing in my colllection (which is pretty big), the longer it takes to shift through them each time I want to view a list of movies in rated order.

Ok thanks jmarshall. Do you think it will be possible sometime in the future to have better control on how sets are listed with reference to above please?
Configuring my smartplaylists I've run into this often and have to invoke the <rule field="set" operator="isnot">Imax</rule> and for every set I didn't want to show up. This list is long now..and a temp fix. I did read a message from one of the devs mentioning this issue would be looked after in the next version with expanded capabilities of smart playlists, and I'm starting to lean to using them more.
We're considering whether to allow a <group> clause to smartplaylists. The trick is to get it done in such a way that it makes sense for all content type - movies are "special" here at the moment, but we need to think of other content as well.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Order movies by rates - how to display sets at end instead of beginning please?0