XMBC + Airplay?
Hi guys,

So I just spent a few hours trying to figure out why XMBC wouldn't install on my WHS box, But found there was a problem with the graphics chipset which is now fixed thank god.
Now that I have XMBC up I've added my music and videos and was looking in the network settings and saw you can use XMBC as an airplay-capable device,
So I tried the music app on my iPhone it found the XMBC server, I selected it and played some music, the phone looked like it was about to play for about 2 seconds and then nothing, just sits on pause?
Anyone know what might be wrong here? does the XMBC airplay thing support music or not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AirPlay

Quote:All platforms except Windows support music (with or without DRM). Windows will be supported when libshairport is ported to Win32. (Shairport4w can be used in the background as a workaround to get music support in Windows)

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Sorry to revive an old thread; I thought it would make sense to expand upon this.

According to http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=AirPlay

Quote:All platforms (incl. Windows since May 10th) support music (with or without DRM).

What exactly does this mean, since May 10th? Is this a nightly build? Or, if I redownload and 11.0 should it include airplay music support on Windows (I've tried this and it doesn't work).

I think it would be more appropriate to specify a revision number or something, rather than a date. Will we have to wait for the next monthly merge?

Thanks,
-atlas
nightly build.
Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply Ned.
should be june - will change.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Also, we're trying something new in the wiki. Hopefully as time goes on, anything that is a "future feature" of some kind will hopefully be more clearly tagged. Feel free to PM me if you ever see anything that's not tagged or clear.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC + Airplay?0