• 66(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
(2012-06-27, 12:25)fional Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 10:18)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 22:52)Deano316 Wrote: Check the Nox 3.0 modding thread, we have a mod there which will give you the one-click trailer you're after Wink

In one logo mode pressing down now directly accesses the media menu or trailer button. Scrollbar was kinda useless anyway in that view.

A, seemingly, long time ago - when I used to play trailers of movies while browsing in short list mode - I swear it used to play them inside a box above the shortlist, not in full screen. Am I imagining that?

It did indeed, although it broke on my Nox a while ago and I never put it right.

@phil65 and Big_Noid: when adding custom icons from the ones provided for a custom menu item, they just appear blank when selected. Also, what are the dimensions required for icons? Tried using a few pngs from shows to test and they seem massively undersized.
(2012-06-27, 11:55)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 10:31)mikebzh44 Wrote: A guys from Passion-XBMC have made french PNG for OverlayUnWatched (NOUVEAU !) and OverlayWatched (DEJA VU !):

He has made a tuto : http://passion-xbmc.org/aeon/(aeon-nox-3...msg133050/

- remove textures.xbt
- download AeonNox3.0.zip
- extract media directory in media skin directory
- overwrite default PNG with custom PNG

Am I wrong when I told him that next time Aeon Nox will be upgrade (from GIT or from XBMC), he will lose his modifications.

Is it possible to :

- get specific string in strings.xml
English :
Code:
<string id="312600">New</string>
<string id="312601">Watched</string>

French :
Code:
<string id="312600">Nouveau</string>
<string id="312601">DejaVu</string>

- in skin, don't use OverlayWatched.png but Overlay<"312601">.png (don't know how to get string value from ID in XML)
- in textures.xbt, provide OerlayWatched.png and OverlayDejaVu.png

The problem is for people who want to translate Aeon Nox. He must not translate those strings unless he provide translated PNG or rename default PNG. And what about specifics alphabets like greek, russian, asian, ... Huh

May be it's not a good idea :S

I tried a few months back to incorporate this by $INFO[System.Language,thumbs/,OverlayWatched.png] but there was a problem with that, although i can't remember what...

There is not really solution to have flags translated for the moment ? The method of replacing PNG files works as long as the skin does not update ?

(2012-06-27, 12:46)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 12:25)fional Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 10:18)Big_Noid Wrote: In one logo mode pressing down now directly accesses the media menu or trailer button. Scrollbar was kinda useless anyway in that view.

A, seemingly, long time ago - when I used to play trailers of movies while browsing in short list mode - I swear it used to play them inside a box above the shortlist, not in full screen. Am I imagining that?

It did indeed, although it broke on my Nox a while ago and I never put it right.

@phil65 and Big_Noid: when adding custom icons from the ones provided for a custom menu item, they just appear blank when selected. Also, what are the dimensions required for icons? Tried using a few pngs from shows to test and they seem massively undersized.

Indeed that was changed somewhere before 2.0 release i think to keep the videowindow consistent with the fanart shown on the page. I think its better with the fullscreen window, but maybe phil has some ideas.
Just tried a custom icon and it works as expected. As long as you keep square icons it doesnt matter what the dimensions are.
(2012-06-27, 12:57)Kpitn Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 11:55)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 10:31)mikebzh44 Wrote: A guys from Passion-XBMC have made french PNG for OverlayUnWatched (NOUVEAU !) and OverlayWatched (DEJA VU !):

He has made a tuto : http://passion-xbmc.org/aeon/(aeon-nox-3...msg133050/

- remove textures.xbt
- download AeonNox3.0.zip
- extract media directory in media skin directory
- overwrite default PNG with custom PNG

Am I wrong when I told him that next time Aeon Nox will be upgrade (from GIT or from XBMC), he will lose his modifications.

Is it possible to :

- get specific string in strings.xml
English :
Code:
<string id="312600">New</string>
<string id="312601">Watched</string>

French :
Code:
<string id="312600">Nouveau</string>
<string id="312601">DejaVu</string>

- in skin, don't use OverlayWatched.png but Overlay<"312601">.png (don't know how to get string value from ID in XML)
- in textures.xbt, provide OerlayWatched.png and OverlayDejaVu.png

The problem is for people who want to translate Aeon Nox. He must not translate those strings unless he provide translated PNG or rename default PNG. And what about specifics alphabets like greek, russian, asian, ... Huh

May be it's not a good idea :S

I tried a few months back to incorporate this by $INFO[System.Language,thumbs/,OverlayWatched.png] but there was a problem with that, although i can't remember what...

There is not really solution to have flags translated for the moment ? The method of replacing PNG files works as long as the skin does not update ?
Theres a solution no doubt, but we have to see what that is for now Big Grin
Customizations will be kept for as long as the skin is not updated, yes.
For me at least, fullscreen trailers with Floorlogo overlay works perfectly for almost all views. Lowlist is the exception but I don't use it anymore.
today´s new feature:
new google weather widget:
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-06-27, 13:50)phil65 Wrote: today´s new feature:
new google weather widget:

You guys don't sleep do you Wink
OMG new icon view is excellent, I wasn't swayed when I saw the initial screens but now after customizing them (which was a breeze) I'm a convert. double thumbs up to you phil

Here are some screens just to show that the customization process works perfectly!

ImageImage

Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2012-06-27, 16:25)leepenny Wrote: OMG new icon view is excellent, I wasn't swayed when I saw the initial screens but now after customizing them (which was a breeze) I'm a convert. double thumbs up to you phil
ImageImageImage

Here are some screens just to show that the customization process works perfectly!

thx.
since the images aren´t workin ony my end, here they are again:

Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
yeah not working thru flickr either thanks again phil
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
I like the google widgetNod
Why not more in myweather like in Glass?

(2012-06-27, 17:09)fmronan Wrote: I like the google widgetNod

(2012-06-27, 15:38)phil65 Wrote: because my day only has 24 hours.
Why isn't Google weather in XBMC repo?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Google weather is in the repo, but not script.widget.weatherworld because is in a repo for Frodo(Wip) like two other skinBig Grin
added
http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=Vie...atherworld

http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=Vie...her.google
(2012-06-27, 17:28)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-06-27, 17:09)fmronan Wrote: I like the google widgetNod

(2012-06-27, 15:38)phil65 Wrote: because my day only has 24 hours.

For me too, and you work quicklyTongue

I know it is in passion repo. I meant the official repo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
There will never a script of Frost on the XBMC repo.
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)9