• 7(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
Remote stops working after playback starts. Tried also with USB keyboard with no luck. Rolled back to 2.0.
FM2A75M-ITX, A6-5400K, Antec ISK 300-150, Sony KDL-40W5500, Rotel RA-11, QNAP TS-219p, Cisco E3000, Nyxboard hybrid, USB-CEC
Seeing the screenshots in the OP inspired me to try some new viewtypes for tvshows.

In doing so, I noticed what appears to be a bug:
When using the episode view for tvshows, the last item in the list is obscured by the bottom of the screen. This happens when using banners and logos for the list, but not when using text in the viewtype settings. Here are some screens:

Thanks for reading!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-05-24, 18:50)isamu.dragon Wrote: Turn off Auto-Update Addons and you won't have this problem

Until xbmc turns it back on. :p I turned off auto updates ages ago and it still seems to do it whenever the hell it feels like it.

(2012-05-24, 22:18)dimangi Wrote: Remote stops working after playback starts. Tried also with USB keyboard with no luck. Rolled back to 2.0.

It's only done this to me once the first time playing a show after installing it from repo. Started a episode, didn't have control from either the remote or even keyboard. Decided to just let the show play since I wanted to watch it anyways. After the episode was over, it came to a end and stopped on it's own. I then had full control with the remote and keyboard. Hasn't done it since. Not sure what caused it, maybe controls lost focus when you play your first video?

Have watched several shows and a movie, online vids and music since and the remote is still working. Can't tell if it's a one time thing or if it will happen again. Since "for me" it only occurred once and it's the first time I saw that type of behavior I don't see a reason to roll back. To each their own though.

I would say to try playing a short video, let it come to a end and stop on it's own and see if the problem is fixed.
(2012-05-24, 22:49)Rygrath Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 22:18)dimangi Wrote: Remote stops working after playback starts. Tried also with USB keyboard with no luck. Rolled back to 2.0.

It's only done this to me once the first time playing a show after installing it from repo. Started a episode, didn't have control from either the remote or even keyboard. Decided to just let the show play since I wanted to watch it anyways. After the episode was over, it came to a end and stopped on it's own. I then had full control with the remote and keyboard. Hasn't done it since. Not sure what caused it, maybe controls lost focus when you play your first video?

Have watched several shows and a movie, online vids and music since and the remote is still working. Can't tell if it's a one time thing or if it will happen again. Since "for me" it only occurred once and it's the first time I saw that type of behavior I don't see a reason to roll back. To each their own though.

I would say to try playing a short video, let it come to a end and stop on it's own and see if the problem is fixed.
And with the betas and rc's you never had this problem?
Nope, that's what made it a bit strange. All through the very first GiT install of 3.0 never ran into that.

Last night I removed the GiT install. Installed through the repo. Switched skins. Played tv show episode. Video started playing. Lost control with the remote. Tried keyboard, but that wasn't working either, you'd press keys but it's like XBMC didn't recognize it at all. Just no response.

Show ended, went back to Episode list, control came back and haven't had the problem since.

So honestly couldn't tell ya what exactly would cause that other than it seemed the video play window lost focus for controls or something on the initial play. Can't say if it'll do it again, I haven't restarted XBMC since last night. Maybe I should...
Just closed XBMC. Started back up. Started a episode of random show. Pressed all buttons on the remote and everything working as you'd expect.
do you have logging enabled by default in advancedsettings by any chance? If so could you provide the xbmc.old.log (assuming you haven't restarted XBMC twice)?
XBMC auto updated AEON NOX 2.0 to 3.0. I dont like 3.0. How can i roll back to 2.0? tks
(2012-05-25, 01:23)Punk_Boy Wrote: XBMC auto updated AEON NOX 2.0 to 3.0. I dont like 3.0. How can i roll back to 2.0? tks

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xbmc+addon+rollback
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Just to note, I'm running on a 2gig Acer Revo 3600 and I randomly lose control on video playback. So I dont think it's related to low ram AppleTV as mentioned previously.

However I need to check on underlying audio errors and try a different skin before this can be narrowed down. I've only just recently jumped straight to Eden and Nox3 (from GIT, now release). Previously used NOX2 on Dharma for years. Amazing skin. Sudden instability is of concern.
(2012-05-25, 01:23)Punk_Boy Wrote: XBMC auto updated AEON NOX 2.0 to 3.0. I dont like 3.0. How can i roll back to 2.0? tks

How can you say that 2.0 is better than 3.0? Huh 3.0 is everything that 2.0 was but way better and smoother! More customizations and the widgets are amazing!

Thanks Phil and Noid!
Not sure how this happened, but when playing music, I get the black squares as the background on the home screen. I don't know how it got set to that as the background. I made sure the music visualization was set to something else, yet it still uses the CD-wall for the home screen.

It could be that I'm daft and just have missed the setting to change it, but I feel like I've looked everywhere!
Updated to 3.0 but none of my cover art shows for any tv or movies now?
Sorry it doesn't show any cover art in the custom ones I did using smart playlists (eg kids tv)
rolled back to 2.0 which seemed snappier and 3.0 was freezing up on me which 2.0 never did. All my cover art is back now on 2.0. Maybe Ill try back later on 3.0 which is certainly great work though and appreciate all the hard work you put into it. Thank you
(2012-05-25, 02:23)sirmeili Wrote: Not sure how this happened, but when playing music, I get the black squares as the background on the home screen. I don't know how it got set to that as the background. I made sure the music visualization was set to something else, yet it still uses the CD-wall for the home screen.

It could be that I'm daft and just have missed the setting to change it, but I feel like I've looked everywhere!

found it! it is a setting when setting any background for the home screen!
This is really odd. I've been using 3.0 git for some time now and read about the repo release. I started up XBMC switched over to Confluence and uninstalled my git version. Then went to get add ons to install the repo version, but in the list of available skins all I see is 2.0 and the git version. I thought perhaps it was just not fully updated and was mistakenly showing 2.0 so I installed that. That got me the old 2.0 version. I left it running a while to see if 3.0 would auto update like everyone else. Still not happening. Removed everything again, made sure there was nothing lingering in my user data folder and removed all references to aeon nox from guisettings.xml. Went to install again and still only see 2.0 and git. Where have I gone wrong here?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)9