• 24(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
(2012-05-28, 18:48)phil65 Wrote: 1) was removed, but you can focus and click the image in info dialog now, it will become full-screen then.

is it possible to make full-screen fanart easier to open like as in Aeon Nox 2.0 or is it possible to add one shortcut key to see it?

To see full-screen fanart i have to klick 1xMovieInfo 5xRight 1x Down and then 1xSelect (Its really not a good alternative to early Version)
I would like to have a better alternative option as now, if its possible.

Its only the one thing that i didn't like at this Version.

Thanks
(2012-05-28, 19:55)BleibCool Wrote:
(2012-05-28, 18:48)phil65 Wrote: 1) was removed, but you can focus and click the image in info dialog now, it will become full-screen then.

is it possible to make full-screen fanart easier to open like as in Aeon Nox 2.0 or is it possible to add one shortcut key to see it?

To see full-screen fanart i have to klick 1xMovieInfo 5xRight 1x Down and denn 1xSelect (Its really not a good alternative to early Version)
I would like to have a better alternative option as now, if its possible.

Its only the one thing that i did'nt like at this Version.

Thanks

that´s one of those "features vs usability" cases. i think some people would be irritated when everything disappears without any info, but i´ll discuss it with big_noid again perhaps.

Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
My watchlist script keeps on failing... any ideas?

http://pastebin.com/JepfGdhc

Thanks Smile

EDIT: Turned debug logging on
Hi!

Only wanted to say that 3.0 is awesome! I particularly love the new music visualization. It's a visual treat. Thanks for your hard work!!
Love it.

2 things are missing though :
1) Ability to use poster.jpg on episode view
2) Landscape support in BigFan.

Other than that, AWESOME !
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
(2012-05-28, 19:55)BleibCool Wrote: is it possible to make full-screen fanart easier to open like as in Aeon Nox 2.0 or is it possible to add one shortcut key to see it?

Thanks

(2012-05-28, 20:02)phil65 Wrote: that´s one of those "features vs usability" cases. i think some people would be irritated when everything disappears without any info, but i´ll discuss it with big_noid again perhaps.

Whereas I love the new click on fanart in Info functionality, particularly the zoom to full screen it does (Now that's eyecandy).

Take that fact as proof you can't please all the people all the time Smile
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
(2012-05-28, 21:34)ReducedToZero Wrote: Whereas I love the new click on fanart in Info functionality, particularly the zoom to full screen it does (Now that's eyecandy).

I like the new fanart too. But i use this option very often. So i want to open it with only one click.
I just give my feedback to the new skin and try to find a solution to my Problem. What's wrong at this?

Hey guys. First of all I want to thank you for all your great work with this wonderful skin, it's awesome! I just have one question. In the previous version I had a favorite on the main menu linking to advanced launcher, which launched a webpage in firefox. This page contains web-tv running Silverlight. Link: http://www.tv2.no/multimedia/sl/livesent...reeId=1000
Since I no longer can find "fav 1 - fav 2 - fav 3" etc in the skin settings -> Main menu item customizer, I now tried to use "Custom 1" with type "Favourite" and then I linked to the launcher. Now it appears on the main menu again, like it used to. But now when I launch the "Custom 1", Firefox launches as it's supposed to, but at the same time XBMC crashes (this happens every time I try). But when I go into Programs -> Advanced launcher and then try to launch the link, Firefox launches and XBMC doesn't crash. I don't know if this has anything to do with the skin, but it worked like a charm before the update, and now it doesn't, and I haven't done any other changes in the meantime. What could cause this..? :/
(2012-05-28, 22:22)BleibCool Wrote:
(2012-05-28, 21:34)ReducedToZero Wrote: Whereas I love the new click on fanart in Info functionality, particularly the zoom to full screen it does (Now that's eyecandy).

I like the new fanart too. But i use this option very often. So i want to open it with only one click.
I just give my feedback to the new skin and try to find a solution to my Problem. What's wrong at this?

Oh nothing wrong with it. It is a discussion forum and you did ask about it nicely.

In the development of 3.0 Big_Noid and Phil65 wanted to get rid of most if not all hidden buttons that were all over 2.0, since a lot of times it caused confusion. That feature you are missing was another one of those hidden buttons. Hit down once, you go to the scroll bar, hit down again, hidden button is activated and you saw fan art. Most people understood this functionality. For others, it caused confusion as it wasn't clear that hitting down twice got rid of the UI essentially and they weren't sure how to get it back.

I'm sure they'll discuss the pros/cons on this particular feature since it seems to be brought up now and then. Or perhaps come up with another way of doing it that doesn't involve a hidden button. For now though there is a way to view the fanart, albeit it requires more button presses.

Just thought I'd share the philosophy behind it's removal.

(2012-05-25, 11:22)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-25, 11:21)bob_loblaw Wrote: I didn't set it because I didn't know the setting existed! I've changed it now and things are looking good once I also hide the media menu tool tip.

Didn't realise the unwatched count was an XBMC thing since this is the only skin I've used for the past few years and I don't think any others I've tried even had the option! Really happy with the look of 3.0 now though.

Only things are the weather icon not showing up in the video library (known thing?) and the multi image setting not working -- when I go into settings it does, but once out of there I get the default Watchmen fan art etc...

what´s exactly wrong about the unwatched count in you opinion?
weather icon was removed (and won´t return since it didn´t fit the look)
will check multi image backgrounds.

EDIT multi image backgrounds workin here. for which menu item does it not work for you?

I also hope you learned to test things first before ranting.

(2012-05-25, 12:05)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-25, 11:58)bob_loblaw Wrote:
(2012-05-25, 11:22)phil65 Wrote: what´s exactly wrong about the unwatched count in you opinion?
weather icon was removed (and won´t return since it didn´t fit the look)
will check multi image backgrounds.

EDIT multi image backgrounds workin here. for which menu item does it not work for you?
The weather icon is on the main menu though (it's raining right now and I'm getting a water droplet outline icon). When going into the video library the temperature and humidity are listed as normal, just no icon. That's how it's meant to work?

I'm using multi image on music, movies and TV. It used to work fine on 2.0... Actually, it's because the directories are coming from an SMB share (as I have a centralised setup with shared thumbs etc). Setting it to a local directory works fine but SMB does not. Odd though that in the customiser thing it works with SMB but not in 'normal' mode! Seem to recall 2.0 did that too, now that I come to think of it.

The unwatched count shows the wrong total count in the unwatched view. e.g. In all videos, a show will have 10 episodes, 5 unwatched. Same in watched view. In unwatched view this same show will say 5 episodes, 5 unwatched. Sounds like this may be related to XBMC though?

Aeon Nox has been my 'daily driver' for years now, really happy with it, especially the customisation options.

1)no, the icon you´re seeing is always a "rain drop", i had no better idea to indicate what the percentage value should mean. (i agree that this is also not perfect, but we won´t re-add the colored icon because it just does not fit. my suggestion is to look out of the window if you want that feature back Wink )
2) never use stuff from samba sources if it can be avoided. it´s slower and more prone to errors.
3) and yes, unwatched count is related to xbmc.

for all people with video playback problems: please try exchanging DialogFullScreenInfo.xml VideoFullScreen.xml VideoOSD.xml DialogProgress.xml from 3.0 with the ones from 2.0.
it will look crappy, i only want to know if it works then again.

(2012-05-25, 23:04)aTTilaz Wrote: Hey guys,

Nice work with 3.0! Couple of questions though. One, how do you enable animated weather widget icons? Had this working in 2.0 but can't seem to find the option to point to my icon folder. Have been able to setup conditional weather wallpapers though.

Two, adding a samba path for multi image backgrounds don't seem to display. The images from the samba share seem to display correctly when still in the 'Main menu item customizer' but once back on the home screen just displays the single default image?

Thanks

Yay Smile Nice to be back! I spent the last while configuring everything and getting things to the level of madness that I like.

Couple of things, regarding the above...

I can appreciate that you don't think the coloured icon fits the style... But is adding it in 3.0 the same way as 2.0 essentially? I ask, because last time, Big Noid showed me how to bring back the animated coloured icon and I just did that for my own copy and was thrilled with it. If so, or it's similar, sure I'll just go back and do that on my own.

Also, is the same true with having the animated icons for the weather widget?

I love everything, but I did really like the animated weather and the wee little weather icon by the clock. That said, I'm more than happy to try to hack something on my own - but I don't want to make a mess of things if there's no chance the old ways will work?

Thanks Smile
(2012-05-28, 03:12)kelendral Wrote: Tiny question, been bugging me for a while now. How can I replace OverlayWatched.png with the one from say 1.7? Tried just copying that one and placing it the media folder for the skin and restarting but it still uses the 2.0+ newer one. I kind of liked the older one since it stood out more from the text. Thanks in advance for the time/answer.

To be clear this is the file I would like to use:https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/blob...atched.png

Currently the skin uses one like:https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/blob...atched.png

Looking to do this for Video | Files | List view type.

just as a head-up again:
for all people here who like this skin and xbmc in general,
please consider donating to
http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/

and

http://fanart.tv/contribute/

if you want to support the projects which are the base for this skin. thx Smile
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-05-28, 13:59)Eisi2005 Wrote: @BenAtNVS

BN answerded this question in Post 281.

Greets
Eisi

Post 281 describes the intended behavior, but doesn't work for me either. Although, I am running a nightly so I'm guessing that is the issue.
This weekend I finally got the time to install it and configure it and yesterday evening I wanted some tv-shows. But unfortunately that didn't worked out so great, whenever I turned on an episode I can hear the movie playing but the picture remains black. When I try to use the remote it doesn't work respond at any commands but however the movie still plays.

Anyone else experienced this, when I switch back to MQ3 the same tv-show just instantly plays without any problems.

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/uBss7mhT
(2012-05-29, 06:23)RavenNL Wrote: This weekend I finally got the time to install it and configure it and yesterday evening I wanted some tv-shows. But unfortunately that didn't worked out so great, whenever I turned on an episode I can hear the movie playing but the picture remains black. When I try to use the remote it doesn't work respond at any commands but however the movie still plays.

Anyone else experienced this, when I switch back to MQ3 the same tv-show just instantly plays without any problems.

debug log: http://pastebin.com/uBss7mhT

Will be fixed in upcoming 3.0.1 release, for manual fix see this post.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)9