File manager delete send to recycle bin
Today I deleted a show episode by mistake. My suggestion is for a new advanced.xml option to enabled delete send to recycle bin.

Thanks!
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
I would like to vote for this option also. I would like to go even further and make delete to recycle bin default for windows. Windows explorer works this way too. At least you have a chance to recover something if you accidentally delete something.
If you just blindly click "okay" and not stop to read the "are you sure you want to delete" message, then wouldn't the same issue happen in Windows when you go to empty the recycle bin?
No.
Correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm a Mac user, but when you empty the recylce bin, doesn't it ask you "are you sure" before deleting it?

Deleting from within XBMC is turned off by default, meaning the user has to explicitly turn it on, and then they have to answer a dialog box on each deletion that asks "are you sure".

Now I get that sometimes people just blow though dialog boxes and hit okay without thinking about it. I've done it a ton of times myself. It's just that, if they're doing that in XBMC, then why would it be less likely to happen when Windows asks "are you sure" and they accidentally hit okay there?

As long as the user is clicking okay before reading the box that pops up, the issue isn't going to be fixed no matter how many times you make them click okay. If anything, adding more steps will probably make people less likely to read the dialog boxes. Just like those EULA texts on some software.

Meanwhile, the user who does want to use XBMC for deletion, but doesn't blindly hit "okay", now they have to exit XBMC and do three extra steps to actually delete the file.

I think that the best solution in this case is to not use XBMC for file deletion. If you have to go into Windows anyways to actually delete the file, then it will actually be less work to delete the file directly in Windows.
Adding delete to recycle bin would likely lead to more support requests for the xbmc team. In windows network locations or removable devices doesn't use the recycle bin leading to confusion. With xbmc likely using both and possibly only those locations the feature
wouldn't save you.
The janitor, cleaner of cruft, defender of style. Also known as the unfunny guy that doesn't understand signatures.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File manager delete send to recycle bin0