Alternative to ASRock A75M-ITX
Hi Guys,

I'm building my first HTPC. I've read all the guides and all the experience posts, and I've decided to go for the A6-3500 ITX build. I've found most of the required parts already, but it seems that the A75M-ITX mobo is out of stock everywhere where I live (Philippines). I was wondering what are the other options I can get with the following requirements:

- must be able to turn it on from a off state (S5) (better if via wake-on-usb, but via IR is ok also)
- must fit in the APEX itx case
- relatively the same price range as the A75M-ITX

Any suggestions from other successful builds?

Thanks
Hmmm if I can't really find another ITX board, what do you guys think about these:

A75M-HVS
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Mo...ifications

A75 Pro4-M
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Mo...ifications

I remember reading somewhere that I think the HVS board has no upgrade to the firmware to provide Wake-on-USB?

I feel bad having to move to micro-atx and having to get another casing...but if I really need to then I'll probably go with one of the boards above and then this Silverstone casing which is the only Silverstone casing available here:

SST-GD01B-MXR
http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.ph...53&area=en

Suddenly became so big. Sad
Go for the one I went for; H61M-ITX.
Wake on USB from S5 is fully supported with this one. The only difference I can find is the price and the fact that it it USB2 rather than USB3.0.
(2012-05-24, 13:41)filthycatbox Wrote: Go for the one I went for; H61M-ITX.
Wake on USB from S5 is fully supported with this one. The only difference I can find is the price and the fact that it it USB2 rather than USB3.0.

Yea go for the H61M + a Hammer to get the A6 into the socket.

Gigabyte GA-A75N I think the only ITX FM1 board that is not way more expensive.
Since AMD switched to FM2 for the new Trnity APU, it'll be harder to find FM1 mobo.....

Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-24, 16:59)bluray Wrote: Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3

I am so bummed the Amazon store name "SPICY BOMB" is taken. That's what I was going to use... Sad

(2012-05-24, 13:37)pandabur Wrote: I remember reading somewhere that I think the HVS board has no upgrade to the firmware to provide Wake-on-USB?

no the HVS does work with Wake on USB, but it's very finickly. I've been able to get it to work with my remote even with a wireless USB Keyboard plugged in. The only problem i've had is once you disconnect the power complete (turning off the power supply) it stops working. Then I would to play around with it for the next hour by disabling USB 3, enabling it etc and then it works again.
Cool, thanks for the clarification r1lee. I'm not sure, but I think most wake-on-usb functionality has to have at least 1 power down sequence first to work. It's like from a completely powerless state, the functionality is not turned on yet, so it needs a power cycle for it to stay on "waiting" mode. Not too sure about this, but this is my understanding of several posts here.

Thanks again!
(2012-05-24, 16:59)bluray Wrote: Since AMD switched to FM2 for the new Trnity APU, it'll be harder to find FM1 mobo.....

Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3

Any downside to getting this over the Asrock?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternative to ASRock A75M-ITX0