Multiple Titles From Single ISO File
Hello.

I have some movie collection DVDs that contain more than one film per disc. Is there a way to have XBMC's library read multiple titles from a single iso?

Thanks.
I believe there is no option for that. What kind of movies does your iso contain? If it contains the lord of the rings thrillogy for example you can name it like that so the scraper also knows your iso contains a thrillogy Smile
You could create symlinks to the ISO file for the other movies.
(2012-05-24, 21:05)Marcoevich Wrote: I believe there is no option for that. What kind of movies does your iso contain?

For example The Frankenstein Legacy Collection puts "Frankenstein" and "Bride of Frankenstein" on the same disc. I'd like XBMC's library to see the single ISO as two separate movies.

(2012-05-24, 21:17)scudlee Wrote: You could create symlinks to the ISO file for the other movies.

I tried reading the wikipedia explanation but it completely lost me. How would I specifically do this in XBMC?

(2012-05-25, 03:35)SadTomato Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 21:17)scudlee Wrote: You could create symlinks to the ISO file for the other movies.
I tried reading the wikipedia explanation but it completely lost me. How would I specifically do this in XBMC?

Assuming Windows 7/Vista (which is all I can help with), let's say you have the iso file in "C:\path\to\Movies\Frankenstein\Frankenstein.iso",
Start by making a new folder for Bride of Frankenstein "C:\path\to\Movies\Bride of Frankenstein\".
(If you don't keep your movies in separate folders, you can skip that bit.)

Now go to the start menu, and type cmd into the search box, right-click on the cmd.exe that appears and select Run as administrator.
In the command window, now type
Code:
mklink "C:\path\to\Movies\Bride of Frankenstein\Bride of Frankenstein.iso" "C:\path\to\Movies\Frankenstein\Frankenstein.iso"

That should do it. If you go to the Bride folder you should see a new .iso file which appears to be an exact copy of the original, but it is in fact just a link to the original. XBMC, however, won't know any better and will scan the new file in like any other.
It works!

Much thanks, scudlee!
How can I make a symlink in Os x Maverick?

Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Titles From Single ISO File0