• 9(current)
Acer Revo RL70 looks to be a great pre-made system...
If my memory services me right the RL, has the licenced install of windows 7 and the wireless mouse and keyboard are included as well ...

Unlike the L, which does not have these items.

( feel free to correct me but thats my understanding ).
(2013-01-11, 18:06)I.X.L Wrote: If my memory services me right the RL, has the licenced install of windows 7 and the wireless mouse and keyboard are included as well ...

Unlike the L, which does not have these items.

( feel free to correct me but thats my understanding ).

Cool, thanks. Could be right, no keyboard with the L and comes with free DOS. No big deal
Hi All, I snagged a refurb from Acer Ebay and would like to test without voiding warranty for 14 days.
So I'm limited to 2GB ram for now.

Does Factory eRecovery from HDD work? I want to delete bloatware but be able to replace it if I have to return it.

I will also set power setting to high along with advanced performance settings.

Misc HDD performance: disk cleanup - Ccleaner - defrag

For now, primary use is for streaming tv - hulu - cbs - etc. wifi and ether.

I haven't ventured into XBMC yet, do I need it for accurate PC testing?

I read somewhere there were problems with Chrome browser, so will try with IE.

In RUN > msconfig > Startup - What can I disable to maximize performance?

Any other recommendations appreciated.

Hello everyone! I am the noobiest of noobs when it comes to xbmc. Looking around the forums, I found that the rl10 is a good device to start my xbmc adventure. I have seen numerous articles on how to install xbmc but I could really use some help in installing it on this particular device. Most importantly, I could use some help in how to configure the settings (BIOS and xbmc) to fully optimize this device for the purpose of just using it as a full time media player. A step-by-step tutorial will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.
Hi, i bought a used revo 70 and thinking about change the built in HDD to a SSD.. Is there anything i should take in mind when doing so?
Is there a compability list for SSDConfused avalible? Or does any 2.5 ssd work in this machine?.

One more Question.
Can i move the preinstalled windows/key somehow to my new ssd disk?
If i get this right there is a recovery partition on the HDD right now to be able to reset windows am i right?

/new revo owner
I'm very interested by the remote. I have the boxee box remote which is similar but it lacks a couple button in the front.

Does anyone know if I can buy this remote separately. Also if someone want to sell his remote, I'm interested
I found the part number rt.11300.032

But according to this it seams to be an IR remote, can anybody confirm ?
http://www.notebooksolutions.ca/zc/acer-...48119.html
Hello all,

I'm currently building a personal dashboard for home use, could the Acer RL70-UR308 support dual monitors? How about dual touchscreen monitors? Thanks in advance for your help!

Craig
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo RL70 looks to be a great pre-made system...3