• 3(current)
Acer Revo RL70 looks to be a great pre-made system...
Wise owls of the htpc scene, what is your opinion about streaming with this machine, through PS3 media server, to a PS3?
Will it cope with 1080p and possibly SBS mkvs (3D)?
From what I have read, i think it will since transcoding is what it will do.

What do you think?
(2012-05-25, 03:55)Beer40oz Wrote: Image

I wan't it for my office PC........... (just bought it... will update with my thoughts....) :Wink

i guess its an ok box to use for work.

but as HTPC, i wouldn't XBMC for Windows...
i'd use OpenELEC.

The E-350 is my daily driver...for everything except encoding and heavy 3D gaming, I use it for the family business as an office pc, torrent box, htpc when the living room is occupied, it's my MLB.TV box also...Thanks for the great addons XBMC Team. Like I said last year I build 8 for a medical clinic, they've been running everyday for the past year 8am to 6pm and no complaints about speed or snapyness, handles all their day to day operations. It's just a great bang for the buck, last year when hard drives were cheaper, I was building Zacate builds for $220 and under sometimes with promo codes. For 89.99-94.99 you get a motherboard, with a dual core cpu, and a capable built in graphics that eats up any 1080p encode and bitstreams DTS Master, DolbyHD while using less energy than any light bulb around your house...is a winner in my book and in my experiences.
(2012-05-25, 23:14)eskro Wrote:

I wan't it for my office PC........... (just bought it... will update with my thoughts....) :Wink

i'd use OpenELEC.
How about this little "Sandy Bridge DualCore Mini PC"?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

i'd use OpenELEC.

Why do you think this E450 won't run xbmc under windows when the less powerful E350 will?

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
(2012-05-25, 23:45)DavidT99 Wrote:
(2012-05-25, 03:55)Beer40oz Wrote: I wan't it for my office PC........... (just bought it... will update with my thoughts....) :Wink

i'd use OpenELEC.

Why do you think this E450 won't run xbmc under windows when the less powerful E350 will?

David
It'll be fine........

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-25, 23:03)dkaris Wrote: Wise owls of the htpc scene, what is your opinion about streaming with this machine, through PS3 media server, to a PS3?
Will it cope with 1080p and possibly SBS mkvs (3D)?
From what I have read, i think it will since transcoding is what it will do.

What do you think?

That is a great question...I will test this on the weekend and give a full review Sunday night or Monday afternoon. Just the other day my brother was complaining about not having an htpc in the bedroom, I replied...Dude in your son's room you have a PS3 and Xbox 360 and a Wii (spoiled) He only plays with the Wii and occasionally the 360, the PS3 is just collecting dust : (
I told him let's connect the PS3 in your bedroom and I'll set up the HTPC (E-350) to share the media and you can watch all the things you watch in the living room in your bedroom...." YOU CAN DO THAT " He's rocking the same set up as me as far as HTPC...let's just hope his router can keep up.
U use to stream to the PS3 with an old Xeon that I had.... it transcoded mkv's just fine... but they where always under 10 Gigs.... never tried anything else. You should be ok....

Homewrek that would be nice for you to do..... Smile another project for you.
(2012-05-26, 01:05)Beer40oz Wrote: U use to stream to the PS3 with an old Xeon that I had.... it transcoded mkv's just fine... but they where always under 10 Gigs.... never tried anything else. You should be ok....

Homewrek that would be nice for you to do..... Smile another project for you.

Nod Yes another project...looking forward to a great weekend, Sat night(UFC), Sun night(Spurs vs Thunder) and of course the well deserved BEERZ!Wink
(2012-05-25, 04:15)Beer40oz Wrote: The E-450(1.65GHz)? Processor?

Will this be alright for an office PC...? just Sab, Couch etc.... ?

I love the fact that I can mount it on the back of a TV in case I need to.... for space purpose...

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+E-450+APU

Man, Beer! This is weird. We're like on the same wave length or something. Shocked

I just sent my wife to pick up a brand new one from Craigslist. I talked the lady down to $250. I'll be testing it over the weekend with XBMC for a client. I'll let you know how it goes! Big Grin

i'd use OpenELEC.

LOL at eskro always being paranoid about Revos for Windows + XBMC. My 3610 wasn't that much different of an XBMC experience than my new A6-3500 is. If it's just XBMC, no web browsing or Netflix, it should be fine. Stop hating on the Revos dude! Especially cuz you're a Windows fanboy, I would think the Revo would be a good choice for you. Please add it to your famous thread.

Nod

My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
i think this is a better deal then the revo, maybe u can cancel the revo.

fanless mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813131698
fanless vesa case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B...dition=new
ram: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B...dition=new
hdd: you have already

total: $290

Big Grin
Woah!!! I just wanted something built already!!!! They have not shipped and I can cancel...... mmmmm Smile
(2012-05-26, 06:37)eskro Wrote: i think this is a better deal then the revo, maybe u can cancel the revo.

fanless mobo:
http://goo.gl/avupa

fanless vesa case:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B...dition=new

ram:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B...dition=new

ssd: http://goo.gl/PRj8b

total: $310

no noise!!

crucial equiped!!

FTW!! Big Grin

You forgot to add a keyboard, mouse, and most importantly, W7.

Also, I will be setting mine up for a client with a bunch of 720p Disney cartoons in a waiting room. So, the 500GB HDD is perfect. The SSD would be a waste of money for this purpose. Plus I only paid $250 for my RL70, new in the box. Never touched. FTW!!!

Nod

Needs HDMI eskro...
(2012-05-26, 07:11)Beer40oz Wrote: Needs HDMI eskro...

As he frantically googles to find something that's a better deal. Save your time, and just add the RL70 to your thread. It's the best deal for a pre-built system right now. Just like the 3610 was a few years ago.

Revo FTW!!!

LOL Laugh
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo RL70 looks to be a great pre-made system...3