• 12(current)
iPad 3 and xbmc?
Question 
(2012-11-08, 01:10)Memphiz Wrote: thx - looks like a sane encoding to me Smile

Thanks for the update Memphiz! it is great to see 1080p playing on iPad3. Looks exactly the same as on a large HDTV screen. All the glory/gory details Big Grin
Have been keeping an eye on this for a while. finally come! thanks Memphiz

1080p playback very smooth. tested multiple movies size from 7G to 20G.
all smooth no problem.

You have to literally put your face 10 inch from the iPad3 screen to appreciate these increased pixels. no joking!
Yes, please next time include those touch version interface.
once again great work!
Will it work if I copy my backup skin.touched folder over to the iPad folder /XBMC_Home/addons/ (in XBMC.app) ? I usually have this backup because I modded some views in the skin.
Yep that will work.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Memphiz,

There seems to be something is not quite right in this patch. I believe the settings in Userdata are not applied when running this 1080p patched version.

Observation: I lost the option " Selected folder contain a single video", and was not able to scan the videos into libary so I don't have Movies button in the Home screen. And I could not scan the videos into libary when I tried to do rescan (after removed and added Video source back in).

When I restored Eden 11.0, all settings were back to normal as before.
Hi all.

I'm testing this build in an iPad 3 IOS 5.1.1 and have differents results.
Using this file http://pastebin.com/X5yHRvXa goes ok, but if I use this one http://pastebin.com/b9zukTBT it stutters.
Also, if I put the movie in original size, the first file shows a very small image and the second shows the correct image size.

Let me know if you need more information or test
The second file is interlaced . This file is not accepted by the hw decoder and has to be decoded and deinterlaced in software which is too much for the cpu.

Please when posting results from my build try to check the test files with the latest nightlies (which don't have my changes) before for ruling out general problems.

As for the database stuff - it just seems that the db update from eden to frodo failed - thats not special to my build but a generic issue i guess (we will ensure that db updates will work from eden to frodo before frodo gets released of course).

Thx for testing - i appreciate it Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-11-10, 04:58)Memphiz Wrote: As for the database stuff - it just seems that the db update from eden to frodo failed - thats not special to my build but a generic issue i guess (we will ensure that db updates will work from eden to frodo before frodo gets released of course).

Thanks Memphiz. Good to know. Is there a way to clean everything up and start anew? ie. how about if I remove Eden and install nightly build I will get the new db, and then use you deb to update it to get 1080p? I use separate nfo files so I could just rescan any time.
oh i waited for this since the ipad 3 got jailbroken! works like a charm! vielen dank Memphiz! greetings from the philippines!
(2012-11-05, 22:30)Memphiz Wrote: Please ipad3 users test this build with 1080p content and give feedback:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/org.xb...pu2gpu.deb

thx

Full report & review posted to http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/87/great-...creen-last
cool thx - you should revisit your point 2 in the review. HDMI output is supported and should even work in 1080p (xbmc will show the attached tv as a second screen in settings->system->video and you can switch to fullscreen #2). You have to get rid off any thirdparty tvout enablers from cydia though. See our ios faq which mentions possible output options too.
(2012-12-01, 03:59)Memphiz Wrote: cool thx - you should revisit your point 2 in the review. HDMI output is supported and should even work in 1080p (xbmc will show the attached tv as a second screen in settings->system->video and you can switch to fullscreen #2). You have to get rid off any thirdparty tvout enablers from cydia though. See our ios faq which mentions possible output options too.

Thanks! Published a full article on this, also starring your alpha7 and linking to your post:

http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/87/how-yo...xternal-tv
Is frodo beta 2 different than the link you posted Memphiz? Or, are these changes implemented somehow? Just wondering
Nope these changes need some more work (tearing problems as reported by some testers here) and i will continue working on it after Frodo release. So this improvement will not be part of Frodo (because it needs iOS 5.1 SDK which will make XBMC incompatible to all iOS 4.2 devices which we didn't want to do for Frodo).
A little late back to the party, but as one of the original grumblers, the test build works great for my 1080p content. w00t!
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad 3 and xbmc?0