• 13(current)
iPad 3 and xbmc?
(2012-12-03, 11:18)Memphiz Wrote: Nope these changes need some more work (tearing problems as reported by some testers here) and i will continue working on it after Frodo release. So this improvement will not be part of Frodo (because it needs iOS 5.1 SDK which will make XBMC incompatible to all iOS 4.2 devices which we didn't want to do for Frodo).

Haven't been here for a long time! Anyone interested with an Eden build applied Memphiz's patches for iPad 3 which he mentioned above? Here is the download page: https://code.google.com/p/yangapp/downlo...os-arm.deb

Hope Frodo final release will come soon! Blush
linusyang-

Thanks for that, I installed this on my iPad 3 and it seems to work great so far. I prefer this to nightlies because I use a shared MySQL DB and didn't want to screw that up (or be forced to run nightlies on all my devices).

I was hoping this included the HDMI 2nd display fix, but I can't locate that in Settings. Is that feature reliant on Frodo?

Thanks again.
(2012-12-09, 20:49)ChipsAhoy Wrote: linusyang-

Thanks for that, I installed this on my iPad 3 and it seems to work great so far. I prefer this to nightlies because I use a shared MySQL DB and didn't want to screw that up (or be forced to run nightlies on all my devices).

I was hoping this included the HDMI 2nd display fix, but I can't locate that in Settings. Is that feature reliant on Frodo?

Thanks again.

Thanks for your report! It's true that I didn't add the HDMI fix. I will have a try and maybe make a test build if possible.
Great, thanks again!
(2012-06-10, 11:05)generalmilk Wrote: Playing hd video with Chinese srt subtitle (assuming other unicode language as well) is very sluggish, will it be fixed? thank you!
I have the same problem with the last deb provided by Memphiz. And I found there may be a patch in the forum that can solve it here. Can someone fix it PLZ!
My commits are not in mainline yet and i plan to work on those after frodo is released. There are still some bugs to be worked out so i suspend this one for now.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-12-11, 09:55)emtf Wrote:
(2012-06-10, 11:05)generalmilk Wrote: Playing hd video with Chinese srt subtitle (assuming other unicode language as well) is very sluggish, will it be fixed? thank you!
I have the same problem with the last deb provided by Memphiz. And I found there may be a patch in the forum that can solve it here. Can someone fix it PLZ!

My custom build has contained part of that patch. The unicode (especially Chinese) subtitles lagging issue seemingly reduced in my build. Will you have a try? Smile
Thanks linusyang. I have installed your built on my iPad3 and seemed work great so far. I can confirm the subtitle lagging issue for unicode .srt is fixed. No more lagging!
Keep up the good work!
(2012-12-11, 23:36)basslover Wrote: Thanks linusyang. I have installed your built on my iPad3 and seemed work great so far. I can confirm the subtitle lagging issue for unicode .srt is fixed. No more lagging!
Keep up the good work!

Good news! Hope there won't be any bugs. Smile

And I also make a Debian package to set dirty regions automatically. (Only for v11 Eden)
This is the download page: http://code.google.com/p/yangapp/downloa...os-arm.deb
(2012-12-12, 11:49)linusyang Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 23:36)basslover Wrote: Thanks linusyang. I have installed your built on my iPad3 and seemed work great so far. I can confirm the subtitle lagging issue for unicode .srt is fixed. No more lagging!
Keep up the good work!

Good news! Hope there won't be any bugs. Smile

And I also make a Debian package to set dirty regions automatically. (Only for v11 Eden)
This is the download page: http://code.google.com/p/yangapp/downloa...os-arm.deb

It works perfect now! GJ杨!
(2012-11-06, 15:22)Agathos Wrote: This is the mediainfo output of one of them. Please, tell me if I can help you in any way with this. It seems that all the rest of the people have already bought the ipad 4 or the Nexus 10 and is not anymore concerned about this thread Tongue

I believe people still care, at least I careSmile This is also important for iPad 4 users, assuming they got jailbreak in the future.
Well if they don't, how unlucky for them. We are the only ones to be able to play some real HD contents on iPad retina display:-)
(2012-12-11, 13:14)linusyang Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 09:55)emtf Wrote:

My custom build has contained part of that patch. The unicode (especially Chinese) subtitles lagging issue seemingly reduced in my build. Will you have a try? Smile

Oh, I haven't been here for a long time and already began to lose hope due to two issues: subtitle lagging and unable to truly playback 1080p. Now I am surprised and super glad to see @Memphiz and you fixed both problems. To me it means only now my 64GB iPad is worth its priceSmile Ironically, I gave the iPad to my wife and she will never use it to play HD videos. Placebo for the win!

Anyway I will be glad to do any kinds of tests. I guess I will start with 40 GB+ blu-ray remux....
I talked my folks into getting an iPad 4. That screen... oh man.
linusyang-

Any chance you've had time to try to work in the HDMI 2nd display fix?

Thanks!
(2012-12-09, 18:23)linusyang Wrote:
(2012-12-03, 11:18)Memphiz Wrote: Nope these changes need some more work (tearing problems as reported by some testers here) and i will continue working on it after Frodo release. So this improvement will not be part of Frodo (because it needs iOS 5.1 SDK which will make XBMC incompatible to all iOS 4.2 devices which we didn't want to do for Frodo).

Haven't been here for a long time! Anyone interested with an Eden build applied Memphiz's patches for iPad 3 which he mentioned above? Here is the download page: https://code.google.com/p/yangapp/downlo...os-arm.deb

Hope Frodo final release will come soon! Blush

.srt Unicode Subtitle Lagging issue is much much better now. But if you really really see it carefully, there still might be 1 frame delay I can feel. but this can already be ignored. Would the .srt fix go on to ATV2 eventually?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad 3 and xbmc?0