• 3(current)
iPad 3 and xbmc?
(2012-05-27, 07:08)jmck Wrote: can xbmc play 1080p on iPad3/ATV2 v2 with VTB?

iPad1 can play 1080p video content with VTB.
(2012-05-27, 05:25)xamphear Wrote: Is there a .deb file of your build available for those of us without the sdk and/or a mac to build it on?
Sorry, just tried to produce one, but having issues signing the app for jailbroken devices with Xcode 4.3.
please no custom builds - i'll take care of retina today or tomorrow (don't have an ipad3 so i need a tester).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ok, Will test your build then.
I have an iPad 3 and can test.
I compiled latest (my problem before was I tried LLVM GCC 4.2) I had to use part of carbncl's patch to fix a compile error.

Seems to work ok on the device, probably need to test with 60 fps video to see how choppy it is.
(2012-05-27, 15:09)Memphiz Wrote: please no custom builds - i'll take care of retina today or tomorrow (don't have an ipad3 so i need a tester).

I have an iPad 3 and will be happy to test
Calibrating screen output worked here.. But only till restarting with the video cable disconnected as when then it be default needs to switch between Full Screen #1 and #2 due to a cable being or not being connected the calibration settings seem to get lost.

Also I'm using an old analog TV in combination with an official Apple composite cable. To make the screen display as fullscreen at all in the iOS settings menu the display should not be selected as widescreen (wether the screen is widescreen or 4:3). Otherwise it seems to work fine and it's great to see TV-output support.

(2012-05-26, 10:19)msmouse Wrote: I installed xmbc stable and it worked like a charm. Then i upgraded to the 5-25 nightly build, and swith video ouput mode to fullscreen #2, and then came the tragedy --- only the left top corner of the whole picture is showing on the tv (both the software gui and the video picture itself)

(2012-05-27, 15:09)Memphiz Wrote: please no custom builds - i'll take care of retina today or tomorrow (don't have an ipad3 so i need a tester).
It's my pleasure to be a tester for XBMC,I have an ipad3,pls feel free to contact me.
Testing Alpha build
(2012-05-27, 22:54)spArcling Wrote: Calibrating screen output worked here.. But only till restarting with the video cable disconnected as when then it be default needs to switch between Full Screen #1 and #2 due to a cable being or not being connected the calibration settings seem to get lost.

Also I'm using an old analog TV in combination with an official Apple composite cable. To make the screen display as fullscreen at all in the iOS settings menu the display should not be selected as widescreen (wether the screen is widescreen or 4:3). Otherwise it seems to work fine and it's great to see TV-output support.

(2012-05-26, 10:19)msmouse Wrote: I installed xmbc stable and it worked like a charm. Then i upgraded to the 5-25 nightly build, and swith video ouput mode to fullscreen #2, and then came the tragedy --- only the left top corner of the whole picture is showing on the tv (both the software gui and the video picture itself)

Thx and I'll try it after work. But I doubt it'll work because i saw only 1/4 of the screen showing on tv, and don't think it can be fixed by adjusting overscan settings. I still believe it's a resolution-related problem --- the new ipad has 2048 x 1152 pixels but xbmc considered only 1024 * 768, so only the left top corner of the view ported is shown.

And do you mean you have only analog TV? Mine is connected through HDMI, maybe that's the difference.
@Memphiz - I've just been testing the Alpha iPad 3 build and all looks good - The only query I have is that for some reason in my Movie Library, it puts some of my movies into 'Movie Sets' & others it displays as single movies, even though they should be in 'Movie Sets'

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance
(2012-05-27, 02:23)Bob___ Wrote: Hi guys,

i have an issue with XBMC and my jailbroken iPad 3. The issue is that it isn't able touch anything in XBMC, it doesn't respond. Ok, i can swipe from the Videos/Music/TV Shows/Pictures tiles to the right to see Programs, but if i try to click one tile nothing happens. I tried to deinstall and to reinstall XBMC but nothing changed. Does anyone of you have a hint for me what i can do to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Hi guys,

I still have a problem with XBMC on my iPad 3 Sad
Here are the history what i have done so far:

1. Jailbroken my iPad 3. it has now iOS 5.1.1 (of course) Smile
2. Installed from Cydia from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios XBMC-iOS 11.0.0 Eden

Result was that i could start XBMC but then the menu seemed not to work. It doesn't matter where i tried to touch it didn't respond.

3. Then i tried to update XBMC with a Nightly Build. I followed the instructions step for step from this link: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...h#Updating
4. First I installed from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/ios/ this version: xbmc-20120526-0a6a007-master-ios.deb

Result was: No change to the above mentioned issue Sad

5. Then i tried to install an older Nightly Build. This one: xbmc-20120517-625736a-master-ios.deb

Result: Nothing changes. The issue was still there.

So my question is: Is XBMC compatible with iPad 3 iOS 5.1.1 at all? From your postings i would say yes, but then what i am doing wrong?

regards
Bob

(2012-05-28, 13:40)ady199 Wrote: @Memphiz - I've just been testing the Alpha iPad 3 build and all looks good - The only query I have is that for some reason in my Movie Library, it puts some of my movies into 'Movie Sets' & others it displays as single movies, even though they should be in 'Movie Sets'

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

I don't care about any issues in that test build. I just want a simple "retina works in that test version" or a "retina doesn't work in that test version".

So could you give me that exact info please? Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
retina works in that test version
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad 3 and xbmc?0