Problems installing XBMCuntu
Hi everybody,

I'm currently running xbmclive 10.1 on my htpc. I recently decided to try updating to Eden, so I downloaded the XBMCuntu image, ran the md5 checksum, burned it to a disc and try to install it.

I can get into the installation splash screen, but when I try to select any option I get a black screen with the following error:

"fixing recursive fault but reboot is needed!"

I tried googling this error and tried setting apci=off And nomodeset=off as described in this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132

Unfortunately the error persists even with these options on.

My specs

A pegatron mitx motherboard with an nvidia ion chipset and an atom 330 CPU, 4gb of RAM and a WD 320gb hdd

I'd apreciate any help I could get :-)

Cheers
Anyone?
well there are many variables here...the problem could be how you burned the iso to a cd (i personally have never tried to us a cd, I always burn the iso to a pendrive) the problem might also be that some computers require a few drivers to get the 12.04 updates which I believe is what xbmcbuntu uses...My suggestion would be one...do a fresh download of a new ISO, then make sure to burn the cd properly and try again. If this does not work try to install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and see if there are any errors during that install...if not than we know the problem is between xbmcbuntu and your computer

Edit, I noticed that xbmcbuntu is 11.0 so I think its running from ubuntu 11.10...but give 12.04 LTS a shot anyhow

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems installing XBMCuntu0