Freeze on shutdown
When i close XBMC on my ATV2 it keeps freezing so i have to turn off the power completely to get back to the home menu.

Anyone else have this issue or know of a solution?
I have the same issue!!! Don't know!
Doing this as well. It just started after I was trying to scrap the movies for the first time. Finished the movies, was starting with TV shows then froze, now it will freeze like crazy.
anyone?
no logs, no soup.
Sadly none of the developers are mind readers (as far as I know) so you might want to give them a little more info to go on.

What version of xbmc are you running?
What version of ios are you running? 4.2.1? 4.3.1?

And most important, how about a debug log?
anyone fixed this problem?
i got the same thing?

what should i do so i dont have to unplug it complete from the outlet,as
i will lose everything,,

thanks for any advice.
(2012-05-29, 05:11)suceava20 Wrote: anyone fixed this problem?
i got the same thing?

i will lose everything,,

thanks for any advice.

What. Did. The. Post. Above. You. Just. Say?
(2012-05-29, 05:23)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2012-05-29, 05:11)suceava20 Wrote: anyone fixed this problem?
i got the same thing?

i will lose everything,,

thanks for any advice.

What. Did. The. Post. Above. You. Just. Say?
sorry,

xbmc ver 11
atv2 5.0.1

i pressed something on the atv2 remote and it rebooted ,now it is showing the usb cable on the screen to attach,so that means that all is erased?

ahhh,offf,

thanks for any advice,

That just means it needs to tether-boot (needs a computer to finish booting, using Seas0n Pass). However, just a few days ago, a new jailbreak came out that will make it untethered (allows it to boot all by self).

First, tether-boot using Seas0nPass, then backup your settings using the instructions in the iOS FAQ (wiki). Then grab the new Seas0nPass, rejailbreak, reinstall XBMC, and restore your backup.
(2012-05-29, 05:39)Ned Scott Wrote: That just means it needs to tether-boot (needs a computer to finish booting, using Seas0n Pass). However, just a few days ago, a new jailbreak came out that will make it untethered (allows it to boot all by self).

First, tether-boot using Seas0nPass, then backup your settings using the instructions in the iOS FAQ (wiki). Then grab the new Seas0nPass, rejailbreak, reinstall XBMC, and restore your backup.

here:
" then backup your settings using the instructions in the" are you talking about atv2 seasonpass backup or the xbmc? after i will tether-boot...

also,what will be the benefit of jailbreak to the new 5.1.1 ? > ((allows it to boot all by self)> will this help with shut down and frozen problems? or easy installs.

thanks for your advice,friend.

Sounds like it will fix your issue. The backup is for XBMC, so your settings and library are preserved.
okay,i will try to follow your advice,

now remains to find the new jailbreak 5.1.1 to download it.

thank you,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freeze on shutdown0