Z order Issue with image in itemlayout
Bug 
The title probably doesn't say much, but this is my issue:

I have a fixedlist, for a movie poster view, and when trying to add a watched overlay at the bottom right of the poster, I got this:
Here the movie "knight and day" is watched, notice how the tick is below the leon poster. I want it above.

If I change the opacity of the leon poster to 0, I see the whole overlay image, so it's not cut off.

If I instead movie it to the bottom left corner, the image is shown above the previous poster, like so:
the tick to the right is on top of both images (again, the rightmost movie is the one watched, knight and day).

So, by moving it to the left I get the desired results, but in the wrong corner.

Does this make any sense? Smile

Am I doing it wrong, is this by design, or is it a bug?
Each item is 'drawn' from left to right (or top to bottom) so you can't do anything about it.
That's what I thought .. too bad. Oh well, thanks for the fast reply, Hitcher.
i think you can do it, same way some skinners simulates for coverflow views.
not using the list itself,
but using 3 group of images with animation and conditions for OnNext OnPrevious and for static.
is a bit of work.

btw: from my point of view looking at your second screenshot is hard to understand witch one movie is watched,
becouse the overlay is right in the middle.
As others suggest, the best fix is just making sure you always render within the rect you're dealing with.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-05-25, 23:30)Middle Wrote: i think you can do it, same way some skinners simulates for coverflow views.
not using the list itself,
but using 3 group of images with animation and conditions for OnNext OnPrevious and for static.
is a bit of work.

btw: from my point of view looking at your second screenshot is hard to understand witch one movie is watched,
becouse the overlay is right in the middle.

Yeah, I've used that approach previously for another project, and it's hard to get perfect.

The second screenshot is just an example.

(2012-05-26, 01:30)jmarshall Wrote: As others suggest, the best fix is just making sure you always render within the rect you're dealing with.

Since the image is shown fully beneath the next cover, it must be within the rect, right? If by rect you mean each item in the itemlayout?
The rect you define in the itemlayout, yes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Z order Issue with image in itemlayout0