pausing video and scrolling text causes high cpu load
Hello everybody,

I'm using XBMC for one week now and everythings working, so far. I set up everything. Even the remote is working.
But on thing makes me crazy: When playing a movie, the cpu-load stays quite low (something between 30 and 40% of one core at 825MHz whilst playing a 480p movie). In the moment I pause the movie, one core jumps up to 100% and stays there. When resuming the video the load returns to the normal value.
I can see the same behavior if there a text on screen, that scrolls (e.g. a long album-name). Whenever theres something like that, i get 100% cpu load.

It doesn't mater if its a HD-movie or a simple MPEG2.

Here is the system:
Zotac ZBox AD04
AMD E450 with Radeon HD6320
2GB of Ram
fglrx driver
vsync activated
Arch Linux w/o WM/DM, boots straight into xbmc
i have activated dirty regions in advancedsettings.xml

This seems to be a known problem, but I have only found threads and bugreports from 2008 o0

Hopefully there is somebody who can help Smile

Greetings
Skipper
Bump.
I may have fixed this in a testing branch. Check out this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996
wsnipex provides packages for Ubuntu. There's a package for Arch as well but it is not up-to-date any may not contain the fix:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=55296
Are you using any of my AUR packages for Xbmc? I will see about updating the git package, it is based on your stable Eden branch, not on the master branch.

Haven't had CPU spikes that I know of with the xbmc-xvba package.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
Sorry, don't know what you mean with AUR packages. wsnipex, any idea?

There have been reports on high cpu load. I was not able to reproduce this on my test systems. Recently we had a state on XvBA development where this problem more obviously showed. (It was less obvious to me than to wsnipex who notified me about this issue). This is fixed now but not 100% sure whether it was the same issue as reported by others.
AUR is the Arch user repository, where user provided arch packages are hosted.
.:B:. has xvba packaged there

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pausing video and scrolling text causes high cpu load0