Can not install from Zip

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Pyrotactix Offline
I have tried everything to install from zip. I moved from /media/USB to my home directory, changed permissions and owner. and when I go to install. I get "Failed to install" with Bluecop and the other 2 repositories does nothing when I go to install them.

I'm using xbmcubuntu 11
trying to install:
plugin.program.repo.installer-1.0.4.zip
repository.bluecop.xbmc-plugins.zip
script.hululibraryautoupdate-1.1.zip

Any Ideas, or do you need more info?
find quote
ikjmco Offline
i have same kind of your problem , im running Macbook pro OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (latest) and using XBMC 11.0 EDEN (latest)
i downloaded the repository installer from its official page as zip file. But when i trying to upload it i couldn't see the file
any help?
(This post was last modified: 2012-06-07 00:34 by ikjmco.)
find quote
deepblu Offline
I can't install from zip also. I have downloaded the file skin.simplicity.2.0.8.eden.rar from http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-simplicity-beta/ but when I try to install it is unable to view the file. I downloaded it twice on two different locations to ensure the file wasn't corrupt.

Can someone please help?

Regards
find quote
artrafael Offline
Team-XBMC Forum Moderator
(2012-07-31 10:09)deepblu Wrote:  I can't install from zip also. I have downloaded the file skin.simplicity.2.0.8.eden.rar from http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-simplicity-beta/ but when I try to install it is unable to view the file. I downloaded it twice on two different locations to ensure the file wasn't corrupt.

The "Install from zip file" option in XBMC does exactly that -- it looks for files with a *.zip extension only. The file above is a *.rar file, so that's why it wasn't displayed.

Instead of using the "Install from zip" option, after you download the file, use an archive manager (you can probably just double-click on the file in file manager) to extract the skin.simplicity folder and save it to your addons folder where all your other skins are located. You can then launch XBMC and choose the option to switch to this skin.
(This post was last modified: 2012-07-31 11:18 by artrafael.)
find quote
deepblu Offline
Hi artrafael, thank you very much. Silly me, I didn't even bother to look at the extension. I've got it working now. Smile
find quote