Episode XML problem
I've got an episode of Conan which is not getting added to my library despite having a custom .nfo file for it.

Filename: Conan - 2012-05-15 - Bill Maher [TV,x264,8bit,AAC-2.0].mp4
nfo: Conan - 2012-05-15 - Bill Maher [TV,x264,8bit,AAC-2.0].nfo

Contents of nfo:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<episodedetails>
  <title>You're Gonna Get Your Ass Tapped in Prison, Charlie Brown</title>
  <aired>2012-05-15</aired>
  <rating>0</rating>
  <season>2012</season>
  <episode>66</episode>
  <plot>Guest Stars: Bill Maher, Gregg Allman, Hannibal Buress</plot>
  <actor>
    <name>Bill Maher</name>
    <role>Himself</role>
    <thumb>http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/actors/15903.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Greg Allman</name>
    <role />
    <thumb />
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Hannibal Buress</name>
    <role />
    <thumb />
  </actor>
</episodedetails>

I've tried refreshing the series, and it asks me if I want to refresh for all episodes and I choose yes. Then it asks if I want to ignore local content and go to internet. I say no.
The Debug Log doing the above refresh will tell you why.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

http://pastebin.com/qsMi2Vv5

Not sure what to make of it. It's quite a bit of information.
Code:
Found episode match s:\videos\004 tv\conan\2012\conan - 2012-05-15 - bill maher [tv,x264,8bit,aac-2.0].mp4 (s1e2012) [[\._\- ]()([0-9]+)(.*)]

Looks like you've added a regexp and it's hitting that before the date regexp. Check your advancedsettings.xml.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

How does that matter though? I thought that the scraper is ignored when you have an nfo file. It certainly did when I had problems with other shows.
The scraper is ignored. The regexps are not, nor have they ever been.

OK, temporarily getting rid of the advancedsettings.xml file fixed it. But why? Even if the regexp still runs, why wouldn't it read the NFO regardless and take the settings from there? Why would it matter if it detected "season 1 episode 2012" when I can override it? What logic was it using to warrant disregarding the metadata I explicitly set?
The reason it fixes it is because you're overriding the built-in regexps which contain date matching regexps. If you need that regexp, make sure you specify it so it runs after the date regexps.

As I said above, the regexps MUST match in the scanner.

I'm sorry, but that still isn't making much sense.

If I have a series that matches a certain regexp, but the information that the scraper brings back is wrong, or not what I want, I can make an nfo file with the data that I *do* want. I've done this with series before that aren't even listed in thetvdb.com. My regexp matches a season and episode number, but that doesn't exist in the database - just as it is now with my Conan episode. But it still found the nfo file and parsed it. Why is this any different? The regexp THINKS that there's a season 1 episode 2012, but there is not. That is why I'm telling it that it's actually season 2012 episode xx.

Either something isn't working right, or something else is at play that just isn't obvious.
Let me put this another way;

Why does it need to try and guess what episode something is if I can flat out tell it what it is? Isn't that the point of NFO files?

Is there any way I can disable regexp matching and just tell it what the files are by metadata alone?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episode XML problem0