NAS- Mysql folders?
So i set up the NAS with mysql and now i just need to find out were i need to put all my tv shows and movies for the database. right now i have it download and extrat to a tv show folder. but i want to make sure i put it in the right folder so the mysql database sees it and is in sync with all the other tvs. thanks!

I used this setup.

http://quixventure.com/2011/12/configure...rettyPhoto
you shouldn't have to movie the actual movie/tv show files what i personally did because it was easier just to start from scratch is i removed the shares from inside xbmc (i am assuming you have more than one machine hence why you are creating the database) you need to do this on both machines this will perform a clean and essentially wipe clean the previous database then with both machines still on make sure both have the advancedsettings.xml file in the correct place check the wiki for the correct location depending on the OS you are using link will be below then after this is done restart one of the machines (or xbmc program if running windows) when it reboots it should be blank and no shows or movies are added then re-add the shares on one of the machines let it scan a few items in then stop it then go to the other machine and making sure first the advancedsettings.xml is in the correct place reload xbmc then check and see if you see those few files you scanned into the machine if they are there then the sync works you can also try and tick a few as watched or play one and skip a few mins in and then stop it then go to the other machine and see if it will as you if you want to resume from that time if this is all working then just go back and start the scan up again on that original machine with the file shares added

hope this help i am running openelec boxes so not sure how much of this will apply to you unless you are using openelec as well
The following wiki will help you through this step by step...

HOW-TO:Sync multiple libraries

(2012-05-27, 02:48)protocol77 Wrote: you shouldn't have to movie the actual movie/tv show files what i personally did because it was easier just to start from scratch is i removed the shares from inside xbmc (i am assuming you have more than one machine hence why you are creating the database) you need to do this on both machines this will perform a clean and essentially wipe clean the previous database then with both machines still on make sure both have the advancedsettings.xml file in the correct place check the wiki for the correct location depending on the OS you are using link will be below then after this is done restart one of the machines (or xbmc program if running windows) when it reboots it should be blank and no shows or movies are added then re-add the shares on one of the machines let it scan a few items in then stop it then go to the other machine and making sure first the advancedsettings.xml is in the correct place reload xbmc then check and see if you see those few files you scanned into the machine if they are there then the sync works you can also try and tick a few as watched or play one and skip a few mins in and then stop it then go to the other machine and see if it will as you if you want to resume from that time if this is all working then just go back and start the scan up again on that original machine with the file shares added

hope this help i am running openelec boxes so not sure how much of this will apply to you unless you are using openelec as well
I was able to get it setup thanks alot! also when i pause a tv show in one room how do i resume in another?
If you stop the TV show rather than pause it when you play it from the other XBMC HTPC it will prompt you to resume from where you stopped the show.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NAS- Mysql folders?1