Unable to add Tom and Jerry episodes to library
Hi folks

I just ripped the Chuck Jones Tom & Jerry Collection discs. The way that all the Tom and Jerry episodes are presented in TVDB are by seasons labeled as years (season 1940, season 1950, season 1960). I have a bunch of episodes that have previously been added to the library just fine in seasons 1940 and 1950. Today, however, I am unable to get season 1960 episodes to scan into the library!

I have episodes named as such: Tom and Jerry.S1960E17.Penthouse Mouse.mkv
This naming convention was successful with the other seasons. My folder structure is TVshow--->Season--->Episode; the same for all tvshows.

I know that i can manually create the .nfos for all the episodes, but I'd rather not, especially since other seasons have scanned in just fine. I've gone through Ember MM to generate .nfos for the episodes, and still no luck scanning in.

Any ideas why this isn't working? I've exported my library, both as separate and a single file. Still not able to scan them. I'm not quite ready to do a wipe and import - but I may.

debug: http://pastebin.com/dtxaTKMd
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66039

Debug log for help

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Alright...

http://pastebin.com/dtxaTKMd

Even with .nfos generated correctly from TVDB by Ember, the episodes still will not scan into the library. I'm at a loss!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Ok, I found a way to get them scanned... surprised.

I renamed the 1st episode in the list for the 1960 season with:
Tom and Jerry.1960x14.Penthouse Mouse.mkv

This was the only episode that I renamed. I updated the library, and voila!, all episodes scanned in. Peculiar. Why would all the rest of them scan in, when only 1 episode had the naming convention change?
Very strange indeed. Possibly a weird bug that isn't easily exposed due to the rare four digit season number. Even stranger that one renamed file fixed all of them.
Maybe a dev can check this out? Where would be the best place to post this then?
If they miss it here, you can make a bug report (Bugtracker link at top of the page) and then someone will see it for sure. Just use the same username and password as here on the forums.
All of my Tom & Jerry cartoons showed up just fine, then I rebuilt my library after a from-scratch reinstall and POOF, they're gone. Same file, same names, same folder structures.
These are the only cartoons that ever gave me trouble. I can only suggest to try an alternate naming convention to see if that allows them to be added to the library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to add Tom and Jerry episodes to library0