FRUSTRATION! Grey bar with timer/clock won't go!
Sad 
Hi
Running xbmc eden on linux, all very sweet, great bit of coding.

All of a sudden today, we went to play a movie and we have a grey transparent bar at the top of the screen, about a 5th of the screen, with a timer counting up/down the movie.

It is in the format

55:55:55/[length of movie] [active timer counting up to limit]

(55:55:55 is ALWAYS consistent, never changes)

How can I turn this off please? It is spoiling xbmc movie playback, we don't need to know how the movie is progressing time-wise! Smile Can someone show me what setting will get rid of this? Thank you so much for reading this, thank you.

We need a bit more information, the version, skin.. Might be as simple as your pointer is located in the OSD area, and assumes you want to control something, are you using the mouse/keyboard or remote? Hit the tab key inside the movie... see if that helps.
A screenshot wouldn't hurt either... so we can see exactly what you're referring to.
Something is repeatedly sending the keypress of '5' to XBMC. It'll either be your keyboard or remote.
(2012-05-27, 00:52)scudlee Wrote: Something is repeatedly sending the keypress of '5' to XBMC. It'll either be your keyboard or remote.
Oh, interesting! I just tried hitting the '5' key repeatedly while watching a video and it produced exactly what the OP described. So, maybe a stuck key on the keyboard or remote? Good call.

someone with the same problem:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131165
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FRUSTRATION! Grey bar with timer/clock won't go!0