How to create music video playlist?
I have a folder with music videos called 'Pop Music Videos'.

I've added to the library under video as music video. When I go create a playlist, it doesn't seem to show my music video collection, but there appears to be some videos in the playlist that I don't even have. I also tried to 'clean library' a few times, but that did not help either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much!
Did you actually watch those videos you don't have? They might actually be the videos you are looking for. But the scraper thinks they are called different, and therefor will see them like that (wrong) every time (thats why clean doesnt work). Try to go to the actual files and set the correct name or find them in the database. You have to manually tell it what video's they are.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
I got around this by creating a .m3u playlist - plain old Winamp playlist. Then putting it in the video playlists folder like so:
\\xbmc2\c\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\video\Music Videos.m3u

You can create the file using a text editor (Notepad) or a program. I use "Playlist Creator" from http://www.oddgravity.de to get started. Then to play your playlist go to Videos > Playlists and you should see your playlist.

The problem I had was what you described as well as, videos not being recognized, video scrapers hanging, etc. Since, I do not need the info about the video I just went this route. I have MTV "bumpers" along with my videos and using a playlist I can play them randomly with the videos. I also can have songs I like more played more by duplicating the entry in the playlist.

I tried PseudoTV but, it doesn't recognize .webm files. And the PTV crowd wants any post about PTV added to a very long single post mixed in with every other comment about PTV. So good luck getting help there.

Hope this helps!
Kodi 18.9 / LibreELEC 9.2 / Raspberry Pi
(2012-05-28, 14:32)MassIV Wrote: Did you actually watch those videos you don't have? They might actually be the videos you are looking for. But the scraper thinks they are called different, and therefor will see them like that (wrong) every time (thats why clean doesnt work). Try to go to the actual files and set the correct name or find them in the database. You have to manually tell it what video's they are.

Ok, I don't want it to srapes any info. Can I disable the scraper?
(2012-05-28, 20:26)jchaven Wrote: I got around this by creating a .m3u playlist - plain old Winamp playlist. Then putting it in the video playlists folder like so:
\\xbmc2\c\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\video\Music Videos.m3u

You can create the file using a text editor (Notepad) or a program. I use "Playlist Creator" from http://www.oddgravity.de to get started. Then to play your playlist go to Videos > Playlists and you should see your playlist.

The problem I had was what you described as well as, videos not being recognized, video scrapers hanging, etc. Since, I do not need the info about the video I just went this route. I have MTV "bumpers" along with my videos and using a playlist I can play them randomly with the videos. I also can have songs I like more played more by duplicating the entry in the playlist.

I tried PseudoTV but, it doesn't recognize .webm files. And the PTV crowd wants any post about PTV added to a very long single post mixed in with every other comment about PTV. So good luck getting help there.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, that is indeed the workaround.

However, what I want to do is create a button on my main screen for this playlist.

It will not recognize an m3u playlist. I need it to be in the XSP file format.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to create music video playlist?0