multiroom xbmc
<SOLVED> I've read a thousand posts/ sites I do not see a clear answer.

Can I stream music via WiFi to multiple rooms with xbmc pcs in each room?

I have multiple Linux/windows/android just no apple products. I'll buy equipment if I have to but it seems like I'm just missing something really simple. Each Xbmc box can see my UPNP router and play music from that source, just not syncing. I would like to avoid web browser if possible.

I have a sony blu ray / theater system but I'll figure that out later unless someone has some advice. Sony doesn't seem to be on board for open source solutions..

Thank you, thank you in advance for someones time,

-N
Yes. There is tons of info on this subject already active in the forums. There are many ways to do this - sync XBMC's DB, have a central DB using Plex or other custom solutions, etc. I suggest reading the threads on this topic.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I read about the mysql db, the way the article read, to my understanding is the benefit is the ability to start watching in one room and finish watching in another, not the multiroom /house streaming with one controler. On my Linux box I installed Plex but it did not work, I tried VLC but it was my understanding it only worked on the "nightly builds". If you read the posts and a suggestion is made, 4 people follow up with it does not work. I am simply looking for the best solution if anyone has advise.

Again, thanks and I'll continue to dig..
@Livin - I think he wants an instance of XBMC to stream content to multiple receiving devices a la Airplay.

@WalterPeyton - no XBMC doesn't do this. You would need to use multi-zone receivers or look into AirPlay/SharePlay.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thank you for the clear answer, again I appreciate your time.
You could use XSqueeze (my addon that emulates Logitech Squeezebox players) on each XBMC machine - that would allow easy syncing of playing between your xbmc players...you'd have to run Logitech Media Server on one of them but that's very easy. Have a look at the link in my sig for more info
(hope I understood the question right)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multiroom xbmc0