[problem] XBMC "forgets" to use Monitor #2 ???
I have a dual monitor setup and have for 2 years. Same video PC, video card, Win7 install, monitors, etc - using XBMC the whole time.

About once every day or two XBMC, which is set to launch on Monitor #2, will launch on Monitor #1. It seems like it forgets the setting, or it for some reason cannot launch on Monitor 2.

To clarify why I think this is an XBMC issue... I use WMC7 and the problem usually happens after I've been watching WMC (on monitor #2 also) so the TV has been on, thus detection should not be an issue. The desktop is still extended to Mon#2, so Win7 and the AMD drivers still see it properly too. And, it is not a focus issue (nothing is stealing focus) since it is in focus on Mon#1.

Anyone else seeing this problem?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I recently updated my AMD driver and previous behaviour allowed screen flipping from monitor to TV regardless of detection, I guess they fixed it... and now the other set must be on before I can do that flip.... and I've the handshaking between drop out on a pause. I'm shaking my head.. The XBMC set-up I've had for months without issue.. so I know it was the driver update. In your case it looks like something is stomping on a bit of code somewhere along the line. Sloppy code somewhere... if you've made ANY changes... that would be first offender in my mind, and a rollback might not fix it.

Let us know if you make headway, or you just resign yourself to restarts.
My issue is definitely XBMC... I must go into XBMC Settings and tell it Monitor #2 each time it "forgets"
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[problem] XBMC "forgets" to use Monitor #2 ???0