Swapping an MCE receiver with a USB UIRT
I've currently got my XBMC working nicely off an MCE receiver along with my Harmony 890. I've got a few customizations done to it and like how it works together. I have a USB UIRT that I'm not using right now, and would like to swap that in so I can use the MCE receiver on a different system. The MCE receiver is much smaller and could be hidden easier in the other place I need one. Can anyone tell me how much trouble it's going to be to get LIRC to recognize the UIRT or will it work straight away? I'd absolutely hate to mangle my configuration that is working so well right now.
Getting LIRC to recognize the USB UIRT will be a great challenge, as I recall it has to be RC6 compatible for the remote signals to be detected.

Then you are going to have to map each key function and rebuild LIRC. Then I think (not sure) there's the issue of LIRC being build into the latest KERNEL. (Sorry, was ages ago I looked into this).

Using an MCE Receiver is by far easier, and they are cheap on ebay.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. It definitely sounds like more trouble than I want to deal with. Especially since with linux sometimes it's easy to screw things up to a point where it's almost unrecoverable.

I hadn't thought of ebay for this. I know newegg has one for $20. I'll see what I can find. Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Swapping an MCE receiver with a USB UIRT0