Evaluating XBMC PVR with TVServer
I have been using XBMC for a longtime now on my family's HTPC. I finally have MediaPortal/TVServer setup and working correctly and would like to try the XBMC PVR builds (Eden).

Ideally I would like to use my existing XBMC data but I would prefer to be able to go back to plain vanilla Eden if needed.

Appreciate any comments.

Ian
The easiest way is to backup your XBMC userdata (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata) and then install PVR build. You can later restore your backup if you don't want to use PVR build anymore.
I think I have everything installed but must be missing something. When I try to bring up LiveTV in XBMC I get "Client not enabled error". If I look at t the log I get a winsock error 10061. XBMC and TVServer are on the same computer with a fixed IP address 192.168.1.13

Here is a log with Debugging enabled.

http://pastebin.com/7UiFGnxp

Appreciate any pointers.

Ian
Try using localhost or 127.0.0.1 for your IP/host. That way you don't need to open ports (I think). Hopefully this helps.
Unfortunately I only change from 127.0.0.1 to 192.168.1.13 in an attempt to get it to work. I even tried disabling the windows firewall.

So far no luck.
I'm not familiar with MediaPortal, but I recommend you make sure, that streaming is enabled (that other applications can use MediaPortal).
DId you also install and enable the TVServerXBMC plugin in the MediaPortal TVServer?
See MediaPortal pvr addon documentation

You can test with telnet to port 9596 whether the plugin is running or not. See TVServerXBMC readme.txt for the details.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Thanks Margro.

I do have TVServerXBMC plug in enabled in TVServer. I will check to see if the port is open when I get back home.
That way you don't need to open ports (I think). Hopefully this helps.
You can also check the TV Server log files to see if the TVServerXBMC addon started and whether it is listening on 9596.
Alternatively, disable the plugin and try whether the debug version (TVServerXBMC) works...
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
There was an error in the TV Server log

2012-05-31 21:23:57.356737 [(5)]: TVServerXBMC: OnTvServerEvent: ScheduledAdded
2012-05-31 21:26:45.054328 [scheduler thread(10)]: scheduler: SchedulerWorker inner exception Error: DatabaseUnavailableUnclassified
Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
Check the connection string: Server=BeyondTV2-PC;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=MediaPortal;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=30; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Not sure how to address

-------------

Unrelated error. When I rebooted my computer, my NAS didn't comeback online so it couldn't locate the database.

That said, the reboot seems to ahve fixed the problem. Everthing seems to be working correctly. Now if I can only get TVServer to support the Silicondust Cable card tuner for the copy freely channels.

Thankls everyone for the help. Is Confluence the ony skin to support the PVR functionality out of the box?
I know have MediaPortal and TVServer configured conrrectly. I had to make sure several channels (from the HDHomeRun tuner unselecteed so that they don't show up in MediaPortal. When I view the channel guide in XBMC, I seem to get all fo the channels (selected or unselected). In my case that means that I have several lines in the guidfe that are <unknown......>

I didn't think to chack if this detail would show up in the log. If so, I will post when I can get back on my HTPC.
When watching TV using XBMC and TVServer, I have noticed that I have significant interlacing issues (looks like a comb when there is side-to-side movement). I was wondering where the deinterlacing could be adjusted? I couldn't find any settings in TVServer or XBMC. Perhaps the video card driver?
You should be able to change the de-interlacing settings in XBMC;

Play a channel then bring up the OSD and choose the 'Video Settings' icon, from there you should see a bunch of deinterlacing settings to choose from.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Evaluating XBMC PVR with TVServer0