How to AirPlay with XBMC Eden for iPad 3
Anyone
(2012-07-24, 07:53)Shiz Wrote: Anyone

We're still not sure if this actually works or not. None of the devs or myself have an iOS device that supports mirroring.
I have an iPad 2, AppleTV3 and have tried this. As has been stated, you need to make sure XBMC is NOT running (double click home, find XBMC, long press and '-' to kill it), enable generic airplay mirroring and you should see your screen on the TV, 4:3 ratio. Start XBMC, select settings, system, video output and you can use the up/down arrows to choose Full Screen #2.

All works as advertised! Can't swear to the resolution, but it definitely works. The iPad screen then just allows you to navigate (and doesn't show the film) - it seems a little unresponsive to me, but will do what you want. I'm not sure if you are supposed to be able to get to things like the settings / favourites (I couldn't), but you can select a video and start to play it. I also couldn't see a way to stop it playing - a single tap brings up the controls, but as mentioned I couldn't get to any options.

I'm also not quite sure about unsetting the mirroring. I'm sure the first time I tried this I killed XBMC (as above) and when I started it up again I just got the same 'remote control' screen. Finally got it to stop by running XBMC somewhere away from my Apple TV so it couldn't mirror.

In summary - if all you want to do is simple playback, it will do the job, which is excellent news.

But I'm still looking forward to a jailbreak on ATV3, as I suspect it would lead to a smoother experience all around.
Hmm ok so I've had a chance to fiddle with it some more. I have an iPad2. Atv2 and a new atv3 and have tried this on both.
Trial 1: tried as stated above kill xbmc enable air play from the lock screen start xbmc and try playback using full screen 2. This did NOT WORK for me. Sound would play through atv but no picture as full screen #2 would never appear.

Did some more reading and found my error: I was not enabling MIRRORING via the mirror toggle as (on my) iPad the mirror toggle does not appear on the lock screen. I could however See the toggle by double clicking home in the spring board, flipping to the music controls and voila mirror toggle would appear once air play is enabled. So the test continued:

Trial 2: AirPlay + mirror ON - boot xbmc (which is now visible on atv on my tv set) and chose your media and play normally without fiddling for FULL SCREEN #2. If pic too small use your tv's native zoom button.
This was tried on JB atv2 and Atv3. Both cases worked flawlessly.
Switching FullScreen #2 is recommended. Because what you get before is airplay mirror of all - with fullscreen #2 its like attaching an external monitor via hdmi (not sure if there is really a difference when using airplay mirroring).

But what you wrote was what we ment all the time. Switching on Airplay == Switching on Airplay Mirroring ... *narf*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
This works for me, however it is very jerky and spikes at times? Native apps like YouTube etc can stream 1080p fine!? Thanks for all the hard work, love the app! Matt
My ipad 4 do not show fullscreen #2 it window and fullsreen#1 only

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to AirPlay with XBMC Eden for iPad 30