Need Documnetation... advancedsettings.xml <videoscreen>
I have searched the Wiki and done web searches... I cannot find documentation for what options exist for <videoscreen>

Can someone in the know update the Wiki or post it here please. thank you.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
are you talking about the windowed/fullscreen toggle (\) or the now playing button (tab)
(2012-05-27, 21:56)digitaltomj Wrote: are you talking about the windowed/fullscreen toggle (\) or the now playing button (tab)
... I don't know what you mean but they are not keystrokes if that is what you are referring to.

I'm looking for all the settings available, and their definitions, options, etc - that can be used in advancedsettings.xml

have you checked this out? it was first result when i googled xbmc advanced settings.xml
As far as I can tell, <videoscreen> is only used in guisettings.xml, which is set by GUI settings.
(2012-05-27, 23:27)Ned Scott Wrote: As far as I can tell, <videoscreen> is only used in guisettings.xml, which is set by GUI settings.

Since XBMC does not work properly (bug or bad design - I don't know) with multiple displays I'd like to programatically set the guisettings.xml so it works properly - e.g. starts on the correct display.

TRAC bugs I posted for Windows OS (I know others have also for Linux)...

#10056 : Multi-monitor setup focus/minimizing problem (09/2010)
#13103 : guisetting.xml SCREENMODE changes from display 2 to desktop constantly (06/2012)

And one feature request that would be a 'workaround', but actually preferred to a 'fix' IMO...

#12823 : Command Line parameter - Start / Move to a specified display (03/2012)
I'm not sure what technical limitations there might be on this, but if there's anything that could be sanely done on XBMC's side to force/whatever the selection of a second screen from within settings, then I'm totally for it. A lot of users have this complaint.
2 How to include GUI settings

You can also define the settings normally defined in the GUI in advancedsettings.xml. Any GUI based settings defined in advancedsettings.xml will override the GUI values, and the settings will be removed completely from the GUI (ie only alterable by editing advancedsettings.xml).
The easiest way to include a GUI setting is to first make sure it is set in the GUI to the value that you want, and then to open the UserData\guisettings.xml file and find the XML entry that corresponds to that setting.
Then just add that entry to the advancedsettings.xml file.
For instance, to set the Font Character Set for the GUI (found in the appearance setting, in the Look and Feel section), you'd open up guisettings.xml and find:
<lookandfeel>
<charset>Hebrew (Windows)</charset>
</lookandfeel>
Simply take that entry and place it in advancedsettings.xml. The GUI entry for the character set will then no longer appear, and XBMC will always use the Hebrew (Windows) character set.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Documnetation... advancedsettings.xml <videoscreen> 0