What do I have to do to make fanart work?
Hello,

I've installed XBMC yesterday on my Apple TV 2 after a friend presented it to me when I was at his house. One of the main features that I found amazing is that it would download pics and info about music, movies and TV shows and display it in a very cool way.

However, I'm trying to make it work for hours and I can't seem to understand what's missing. The wiki is not very clear (it says I have to "enable it on the Skin menu under Settings"), but every option out there seems to be enabled but absolutely no fanart is downloaded. Tried searching the forum but it seems that every question out there is in regard to "pics were downloaded before and they are missing after update", "fanart not working when X", nothing seems to apply to my case.

All of my media is on a Windows network share and it's being recognized normally. I have AllMusic, TheTVDB, TheMovieDB add-ons enabled, I'm using Confluence skin and "Hide background fanart" is turned off, I'm using the Library view on "Music" (Videos doesn't seem to have a library option), what else do I have to do to make it work?

The only pics that are displayed are the covers for CDs but this info is inside the MP3 itself, it's not getting from the internet.

Sorry if I'm missing something really obvious.

Thanks everybody.
go to videos (or music) > highlight the library you want fan art for an click "c" > then select "Set Content" > if the library contains movies, tell xbmc that it is a bunch of movies and pick a movie scraper, if tv shows, say tv shows, if music say music, ect...just make sure to pic a popper scraper > make sure to select "Run automated scan" and "Scan recursively" at the bottom of this menu > next a few pop ups will ask stuff, just say OK to them

If this does not work, you have a prob with samba or how you configured the shares

PS, you should download "universal scraper" from the add-ons list, it is a great and very customizable movie scraper
PPS, Allmusic is broken...use last.fm as your music scraper
OK, if I go to "Music" > "Library", it shows a list with "Genres", "Artists", "Albums", etc... there's no "c" to click on, and I couldn't find any "Set content" option in the left-hand side menu... it has only "View", "Sort by", "Sort" (last two both disabled), "Library Mode", "Filter", "Search" and "Party mode".

I tried to add another music source to see if there was an option at the time of the inclusion but it doesn't, and I can't seem to delete the recently added source either. Ugh!

I've downloaded universal scraper and last.fm scraper, nothing happened.

Thanks for your help.
he meant press "c". on your keyboard..
that brings up the context menu

im not very familiar with apple tv, but according to this you should hold down the menu button
Yeah, I just found out that the context menu appears on the ATV when you press down the menu button. I thought the left-hand side menu was the context menu. Will try it and see if it works. Thanks!
It seems to be working now. Context menu was the key! Thanks guys!
sorry i didnt know the best way to find the context menu in atv, but glad you understand Smile
(2012-05-27, 22:16)digitaltomj Wrote: PPS, Allmusic is broken...use last.fm as your music scraper

Can you explain what do you mean by 'allmusic scraper is broken'?
I think broken is the wrong word here. He must be referring to the
copyright issues:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116461&page=12
(2012-05-28, 18:59)solidsatras Wrote: I think broken is the wrong word here. He must be referring to the
copyright issues:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116461&page=12

yes i suppose it is not actually broken by the definition of the word...altho it doesn't scrape half of what it is supposed to (no artist bio...few fanarts)...so essentially....its like trying to eat soup with a slotted spoon...you could say the spoon is not broke...but everyone knows the spoon does not work
the allmusic scraper is currently the most featured scraper for artists which is scraping the most information compared to any other artist scraper, so I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about (except the bio and album review copyright issue of course - whereas there is a workaround).

So can you be more specific please?
E.g. few fanarts compared to what?
Well, Perhaps I am the only one with the issue then...allow me to explain I have just a little over 200 Gbs of music (roughly 10% of which I hastily tagged incorrectly using mp3tag v2.50) when I scraped my library collection with allmusic, allmusic only found the fanart and cdart for about 50% of it (and the no artist bio part was a depressing loss)...however the last.fm scraper properly scraped 95% of my properly tagged music (not to mention that the artist bio was also scraped)...and by those results alone i would tell any newbie to use the last.fm scraper over the allmusic scraper any day of the week...now, if there has been a recent patch within the last month that fixed this...impediment...I would not know of it since I have already switched my scraper...and perhaps not everyone will share my experience...however, I'm just trying to help by sharing mine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What do I have to do to make fanart work?0