Linux XBMCbuntu for newbies
Hi everyone !

I just bought a new HTPC which I was willing to concentrate on XBMCbuntu only, but my experience so far as been not very good...

So after, a lot of try, I finally have install the last XBMC version and it's seem to be working great.

But I can't seem to connect it to any of my files sources (NAS). Neither on SMB (connection times out everytime) or NFS (Which I don't understand at all it seem...) Can anybody help me to finding a easy to follow way to add network source on XBMCbuntu ?

Thanks a lot in advance !
Are you wired or wireless? Just saying regardless of OS I'd keep your htpc wired for convenience.
If you are browsing for servers (what ever it is called) that could cause time outs. I have bad experience with this both on win and linux.
I think it depends on how the local network are built.

I prefer to specify the ip number or server name directly. It is not extremely clear which is which and to make it worse I do not remember exactly.
There is one add(browse) smb and one add network location or something like that? One of them will ask you directly for protocol & server name, the other will start to automatically scan the network.

EDIT: and I am using wireless in the bedroom where I have tested this. Works fine as I do not use much media in real HD.
I think you need to take a step back from "I cant connect to my NAS" and investigate whether you have any network connectivity at all

how have you installed xmbc? on what OS?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu for newbies0