[RELEASE] ShareWhatYouLike
Hi,
I wrote an add-on that allows you to simply share online-media playlists with your friends.
If you're watching an interesting/funny online stream your friends would also like to see, you can add this video to a playlist by remote button (or the add-on menu).
In the add-on menu you can view all playlists of you and your friends. When browsing your own playlist you can remove videos via context menu.

All you need is a Dropbox-Account (One account per group) for managing the playlists.

The setup is simple:
- At the first start type in an username you want (for your playlist name) and hit OK.
- After that you see a link for authentication. Open this link in your browser to grant access to the Dropbox.
(Important: Link only usable for 5 minutes - For new link restart the add-on)

For best comfort when adding the current URL to your playlist you can map the following command to a remote button:
Code:
RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.share.what.you.like/?mode=addCurrentUrl)

Information about the Dropbox-Usage:
The add-on only has access to the app-directory "XBMC Addon - Share What You Like".
One playlist (Containing: Title, Urls) per user will be created in this directory.

Known problems:
Currently it won't work with Apple OS's:
Code:
DistutilsPlatformError: invalid Python installation: unable to open /var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)
I have no Apple devices, so it would be really helpful if an Apple owner with some time/skills could have a look at this.

Before putting this add-on in the official repo it would be nice to get some feedback - Even better: A solution for the Apple Problem.
Download - ShareWhatYouLike

Happy testing Wink
asde
Nice, going to give it a try and let you know...

thanks.
the idea is great! thanks! I'll try it when I'm home.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ShareWhatYouLike0