iPad - No Audio?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iMikeyy Offline
Is this a known issue for anyone?

I'm on iPad 2, 5.1.1, Eden 11.

I've tried using Icefilms, and I've tried using Navi-X, neither stream any audio, and on multiple different streams, shows, movies, etc.

Is there a fix for this?

EDIT: Well, the streams work with headphones plugged in, but not without.
(This post was last modified: 2012-05-28 06:24 by iMikeyy.)
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-XBMC Wiki Guy
Have you tried with just a normal movie file, either locally loaded onto the iPad or from a network share?

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Add-on:YouTube]] = Add-on:YouTube, [[Adding videos to the library]] = Adding videos to the library, [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-XBMC Wiki Guy
Also, check your rotation lock/mute switch. Sometimes, even if it is set to "rotation lock" and not mute it will still trigger mute in some apps.

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Add-on:YouTube]] = Add-on:YouTube, [[Adding videos to the library]] = Adding videos to the library, [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote
iMikeyy Offline
(2012-05-28 06:23)Ned Scott Wrote:  Also, check your rotation lock/mute switch. Sometimes, even if it is set to "rotation lock" and not mute it will still trigger mute in some apps.

I've tried it with Netflix, and a local movie.

I also plugged in a pair of headphones while watching an XBMC stream, and heard the audio..
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-XBMC Wiki Guy
No, I mean within XBMC.

find quote
Fairville Offline
I had this exact same issue! He was right, it was the mute switch. I am running a jailbroken iOS 5.0.1 iPad1 and in the general settings, I had the mute switch set to be the 'lock rotation' switch.

I was getting audio just fine out of the headphone jack, but nothing out of the internal speaker. Once I changed the setting to reassign the mute switch back to be for Mute (then did a respring just to be safe) everything worked just fine.

Hope this helps!
find quote