[Release] MusicBrainz Album Scraper

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Thread Closed
olympia Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Features:

Scrape album fields which are available at MusicBrainz + option to grab album review from last.fm.
It fetches album thumbs from fanart.tv and last.fm.

You can find and download it from the Team-XBMC official addon repository.
find
phil65 Offline
Skilled Skinner
great great great. thx Smile
find
Kode Offline
fanart.tv admin
Nice Smile

Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv

Severus Server Monitor - Self hosted application to monitor all your servers
find
Mizaki Offline
Fan
Excellent!

[Image: watched-clearlogo.jpg]
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
find
leepenny Offline
Fan
Sweet !

Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Aeon nox box set cases are the bomb - see cases here !
find
Spectre5 Offline
Thank you!!!
find
igbygoesclown Offline
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I tag my music with picard so I was expecting it's going to be smooth sailing when using this scraper. But it still won't fetch available info from musicbrainz. Is there some setting i need to change to get it to work? I notice it's mostly the EP's, singles, compilations and remixes that's having this problem. The universal scraper is just wonderful and I know this would be too..as soon I figure out how to use it.
(This post was last modified: 2012-06-02 23:07 by igbygoesclown.)
find
DDDamian Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
You da man Olympia Smile

System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon AVR-3808CI - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray - X-Box 360 - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
find
bandelguy Offline
Fan
Does the scraper fetches music label company info from musicbrainz, just like allmusic scraper does ? Musicbrainz provides label info on their site.

CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
find
bomblol Offline
Glad my preferred music info site is available, thanks for the addon.
find
olympia Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2012-06-03 18:06)bandelguy Wrote:  Does the scraper fetches music label company info from musicbrainz, just like allmusic scraper does ? Musicbrainz provides label info on their site.

yes
find
nonob Offline
Hi,

I checked "auto download information when update" in music library settings with default scraper: musicbrainz and artist defaut scraper : universal scraper.

While artist scraper has automaticly downloaded information foe all my music, musicbrainz album scraper didn't..

I have to manually search album information ...

Why ?

Thanks
find
bandelguy Offline
Fan
The scraper is not finding the remixes /compilation albums of various artists such as moby, abba, etc . It is not so bad at finding the main albums though. But do I have to re-tag the albums as per music brainz database? I had previously scrapped with mp3tag and kept the names of the albums as allmusic database

CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
(This post was last modified: 2012-06-04 15:24 by bandelguy.)
find
bandelguy Offline
Fan
Other than album name, is there any other way of scraping the album

find
olympia Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2012-06-04 15:05)bandelguy Wrote:  The scraper is not finding the remixes /compilation albums of various artists such as moby, abba, etc . It is not so bad at finding the main albums though. But do I have to re-tag the albums as per music brainz database? I had previously scrapped with mp3tag and kept the names of the albums as allmusic database

I need specifics.

(2012-06-04 15:31)bandelguy Wrote:  Other than album name, is there any other way of scraping the album

no, not currently, there are some chances that you will be able to lookup based on MBID as well in Frodo
(This post was last modified: 2012-06-04 15:46 by olympia.)
find
Thread Closed