Win music library disappears when network drive temporarily unavailable
I have my movies and music on a NAS drive and if for some reason the drive isn't available (a power outage for example), XBMC gets rid of my music library. I am forced to re-add it to the library which takes a very long time. The alternative is to just browse the folders as files. Movies and shows are never affected.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I could just have it not scan on start-up, but I am constantly adding new music and it is easier to keep it automated.
Currently, if you have a NAS that is offline when you run a library update it will remove all items that are not accessible. This will happen for any library item, music or video. There is a patch in the works to change this behavior. Your only workaround for now is to install the Advance WOL add-on. You can tell it to wake your NAS when XBMC starts up.
Understandable. My movie and TV library is never affected though. I can still browse them with the NAS offline. It just says "path is unavailable" or something to that effect when I try to play something. Is that how it is supposed to act?
It should only remove things if you have clean-on-startup enabled.
(2012-05-29, 07:08)Ned Scott Wrote: It should only remove things if you have clean-on-startup enabled.
Correct, I neglected to mention that part.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
music library disappears when network drive temporarily unavailable0