Adding "TV Shows" to main menu
Ok, this should be an easy fix, but I can't seem to get an adequate explanation on what I need to do in order to solve this situation.

1.) I don't have a "TV Shows" option on the main menu yet I see it in UI screen shots all the time.
2.) I have added a TV Show source, but again there's no way to access the TV shows other than going "Videos" > "Files" > "TV Shows" (Confluence)
The TV shows also do not have any information (synopsis etc) All they are is thumbnails.
3.) Have used both Confluence and Aeon Nox 3.0

So what am I missing here?

Would really appreciate some assistance here 'cause I pulled an all-nighter trying to figure out how to use XBMC as well as sorting this issue >_< and I'd like to feel my efforts weren't in vain lol.

I'm new to XBMC but have just started adding TV Shows to my library. What I've noticed is that, until at least 1 TV show is successfully scraped, the option to show TV shows in the main menu is not possible. Once a TV show is successfully scraped (no valid episodes are needed but at least 1 TV show must be available), then in the System menu under Skin ~> Home Menu options, you can control whether to Hide TV Shows or not. This option is greyed out if no TV shows are available. To the best of my knowledge, this is the same for all skins.
Yeah, "Hide TV - Shows" "(Videos - Library)" option is grayed out.

I'm not sure what to try as I checked my naming conventions and It's correct.

I also encountered a few other issues.

I can't seem to get the correct name/cover art for a movie called "13Hrs"
The problem is, It's not in thetvdb.org which is what XBMC uses. I downloaded the Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB add-ons because both of those DB's have the movie. Except you can't disable thetvdb.org and XBMC doesn't seem to bother using the other movie DB's to pull the metadata. Argh so frustrating.
Any ideas?
Well, in IMDB, 13Hrs is the original title of a film called Night Wolf (2010). However, in TMDb (which XBMC uses by default for movies), the same movie is listed as Night Wolf (2012). As it's a movie, I'd rename the file to the TMDb name so the default XBMC scraper can identify it.

Regarding the TV shows, I'm also having issues with these at the moment. It's possible that the default scraper (TheTVDB) is not working as it should. I've experienced similar problems when using Plex, and sometimes it's best to wait a while and try again (although you will need to remove the items from the library before retrying - but don't delete the files).

Good catch on the alternate movie name!
I figured that *might have been the issue as it has been with other movies.
But I didn't see an alternate name.

Well I'm not going to get to try out the TV shows till the weekend.
If you figure out the problem or if anyone else can offer some advice I'd be interested to know.
Thanks.
Adding videos to the library (wiki)
Is there something wrong with my naming conventions?

TV Shows > Game of Thrones > Season 1 > Game of Thrones.S01E01

Tried all sorts of combinations - I'm not gonna list them all.

TV Shows > Game of Thrones > Game of Thrones Season 1 > Game of Thrones.S01.E02

TV Shows > Game of Thrones Season 2 > Game of Thrones S01E02 etc etc.

If someone could give me the correct example, I'd appreciate it. I must be really missing something stupid for this to not work. I can gather the thumbnails via this, but never a synopsis or other details. Don't get the TV Shows bar on the main menu either.
The first naming convention should work.

Have you set the content on the source to be TV Shows?

If so, turn on debug logging and update the library. The xbmc.log will give more details as to why it is not scraping correctly. See the wiki for how to set up the debug log (link in Ned's post above)
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
(2012-05-29, 03:45)Fennec Wrote: Is there something wrong with my naming conventions?

TV Shows > Game of Thrones > Season 1 > Game of Thrones.S01E01

Tried all sorts of combinations - I'm not gonna list them all.

TV Shows > Game of Thrones > Game of Thrones Season 1 > Game of Thrones.S01.E02

TV Shows > Game of Thrones Season 2 > Game of Thrones S01E02 etc etc.

If someone could give me the correct example, I'd appreciate it. I must be really missing something stupid for this to not work. I can gather the thumbnails via this, but never a synopsis or other details. Don't get the TV Shows bar on the main menu either.

Just renanme the episode.

Example:

TV Shows > Game of Thrones > Game of Thrones Season 1 > 1x02 etc

TV Shows > Game of Thrones > Game of Thrones Season 2 > 2x02 etc

If you have an double episode you shall rename it 1x01-02

It's working all the time. All my 19 tvshows so far are named like that, and all are getting scraped perfectly with the tvdb scraper.

I had an issue similar to this a while back.  Are you opposed to using a standalone scraper?  I had more control over what images I had, information displayed, etc when I started using the standalone scraper.  There was a good write up on lifehacker about naming conventions for shows and movies.  I followed that when I went through my collection and hadn't had a single issue since.  Basically the naming convention went like this:

Movies>Title of Movie>Title of Movie.* (i.e. Ironman>Ironman.mp4)

TV Shows>Title of TV Show>Season *>S01E01.* (i.e. Game of Thrones>Season 1>S01E01.mkv)

You can use theRenamer to batch rename your episodes some times which will save you some time and headaches.

Links:

Lifehacker Article
theRenamer
Media Companion This scraper is extremely useful to me and have had great success with it. (Windows)
Ember Media Manager

Just my .02.
(2012-05-29, 07:04)rocketpants Wrote: The first naming convention should work.

Have you set the content on the source to be TV Shows?

Yes, I set it to be TV Shows.

I have maked some screenshots from my laptop. If you are'nt using DVD Order, this is the easiest way to rename with nfo and the scraping will as I said, allways be correct.

Put the direct link to the show in nfo file and put season link in nfo file for each seasons.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6816/folderlp.png

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/9735/...inside.png

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4337/...ptopur.png

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5224/xbmclaptop2.png

Just and example.

Don't say there's other ways to do it, but this way are working flawless.
I'm going to play around with all of this tonight after work.
And maybe try to get that debug log.

I definitely don't have the majority of the information displayed via your links Jordank when I try to update my TV Shows.
I don't use NFO's - Do I need them? What do I do to make them?

Edit: Actually I think I want to use DVD order. So I wouldn't need the NFO.
NFO can you make with notepad.

All the other stuff in the folders, are from XBMC, using artwork orginizer (I think the name is), and tvtunes.

NFO file is'nt needed as far as I know, I just make them, to secure that XBMC are scraping all my tvshows and movies correctly.

If your episodes are as you wrote with Game Of Thrones, you can't use DVD order as the is'nt yet on dvd.

If you see fx at Dexter the dvd order are some codes under dvd episodes, http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&...&order=dvd

These codes is'nt yet avaible for Game Of Thrones http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&...&order=dvd

Many tvshows on tvdb, does'nt contain the dvd order unfortunally. But the way I said, it will work. If you have fx 4 episodes in a dvd iso/img file, you can name it 1x01-02-02-04.iso and XBMC will show the 4 episodes
So I sorted the issue with the TV shows. I had a box checked that I shouldn't have. I had "Selected folder contains a single TV show" enabled. Yep, thought it was something stupid.

Since I'm getting such kick-ass feedback on this thread I thought I would inquire about a few more things.

1.) I added Game of Thrones (scraped from thetvdb.com) and I notice that XBMC tries to use the long/thin banners from thetvdb with "Game of Thrones" written on them. (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=121361&lid=7)

Which would be fine, except XBMC stretches them out disproportionately to fit the screen on many views. You can see what I'm referring to if you highlight an episode and press "i" but perhaps those who've watched the show and use XBMC have changed their photos.
Any ideas how to change those images to something else? XBMC only uses those 3 banners on the first page of thetvdb/Game of Thrones, so I assume you'd have to manually download other images from thetvdb or else where and put them in an XBMC folder then get XBMC to search for them to use? Any other TV show site recommendations that's good for scraping? I don't really want to manually alter things like this.

2.) When I've tried to add movies to a set, sometimes XBMC would think that all 2-3 movies are the same and thus would gather the same movie name and box art. When I selected the inappropriately named movies and hit "refresh" to select the correct name/art - that would work, except it would not group these movies in a movie set. They would be side-by-side as they were before. I guess the best/easiest way to get them into a movie set would be to delete those movies from the XBMC database - Alter the names a bit so that the scraper collects the information properly so that XBMC can organize them properly into a movie set? Also why the heck does XBMC move movies like Iron Man 1/2 - The Incredible Hulk etc into a movie set called "Avengers" ? I know they are all comic book characters that form "The Avengers" but they aren't a sequel of movies. Just find that kinda odd....

3.) I think I read on here that there's no repository for movie set artwork - so I guess you have to manually download and add your own/change it from within XBMC?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding "TV Shows" to main menu0