Adding "TV Shows" to main menu
Anyone?
Not sure which skin you're using, but it sounds like the skin is trying to fit a banner into a space for posters.

Depending on the skin you're using, it may have artwork downloader integration, and when you press info, you should be able to get more artwork for the title. I really can't help if you're using Confluence, as I dropped that skin long ago. There may be a button in your viewtype settings that shows as "use posters for poster viewtypes (or something along those lines)"...
Fanart.tv has a much greater repository of quality images for shows - but no posters. Those are tvdb's realm.

The odd grouping of movies into sets is themoviedb's fault. You can override those sets by manually altering the .nfo for those movies and entering your own <set></set> info.

Correct, you'll have to choose your own image for movieset thumbs and fanart.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I'm using Aeon Nox
And that sounds like an accurate assessment - that Aeon Nox is trying to fit a banner into a space meant for posters, because the posters look about those dimensions.
Well, in Nox, there is most definitely a button for using posters over banners.. In the viewtype settings panel, under General Options. It may not be there for all viewtypes though.

Also, any changes you make might not be immediately evident sometimes due to the thumbnail caching.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Odd, I've looked through all the "view modes" in Aeon Nox - Quicknav > Viewtype Settings > General Options - There's only ever "Plot" and "Set area color"
I don't see anything regarding posters over banners.
(2012-06-01, 03:01)thrak76 Wrote: The odd grouping of movies into sets is themoviedb's fault. You can override those sets by manually altering the .nfo for those movies and entering your own <set></set> info.

I don't know how to create .nfo files. Is there a quick link you can post explaining how I create/edit .nfo files for movie sets?
I only see the posters setting at the tvshow level, not at the episodes level. What viewtype are you using?
(2012-06-01, 03:35)Fennec Wrote: I don't know how to create .nfo files. Is there a quick link you can post explaining how I create/edit .nfo files for movie sets?

A quick way to generate .nfos for all your video content is to Export your Video library in System -> Settings -> Videos. Export as SEPARATE files and not single, saying yes to everything. After completion, all your content will have .nfos in their respective folders.

To manually add a set to the .nfo, you'll have to add a <set></set> tag in the file, after the <title></title> tag using notepad (or other text editor). You'll name the set as you see fit, and then place this same set tag in the .nfos of each movie you'd like to add to that set. E.g.:
<title>Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope</title>
<set>Star Wars Collection</set>

You may also choose to alter the <sorttitle> tags if the movies aren't displaying in the correct order inside your set. If anything's unclear, please ask! Smile

You can also use Ember Media Manager's set manager tool to aid in the creation of sets....

(2012-06-01, 03:41)thrak76 Wrote: I only see the posters setting at the tvshow level, not at the episodes level. What viewtype are you using?

At the TV show level there seems to be more views as opposed to the episode level. When I select "View mode: Posters" it still shows a squished banner.
I tried all the views at the episode level. I'm trying to go through all of them at the TV show level.

The only way it looks half decent is if I select "BannerPlex" then the banner isn't squished..
This goes back to what i was saying about thumbnail caching. I've read that it can sometimes take around 24 hours for the cache to reflect changes. You can speed that up with thumbnail cache purge though. Currently (Eden), your thumbnail cache is in your userdata folder.

I would export your library before attempting a purge though, that way your artwork will be added to the respective folders.

If you like banners more than posters, then you're set. I however prefer viewtypes without banners.
Actually, what might make this a bit easier is if you could tell me what view types DON'T use banners (At the TV show level I assume) and I'll play around with it a bit more after I'm done eating dinner. ;/

Thanks!!!
There are many options in Aeon Nox (as you know!), and even within some viewtypes you can choose to use banners or not. For instance - the Episode view at tvshow level can use banners, logos, or posters - it just depends on what you choose.

Personally I use Landscape at the tvshow level, with the logo option instead of thumbs. Then I use Episode at episode level.

I've tried TriPanel as well, and that's a close second. Here you can also choose a few different options for views - including List and banners.

It's really all about playing with the settings and finding something that you like. I think that's a fun part of Aeon Nox - options. I've turned off all the viewtypes that i don't currently use, so I'm not totally sure which use banners and which don't. I say try Landscape! Just make sure you've also used Artwork downloader to get all that art!
When I add Game of Thrones and I press info on the episode AND at the TV series level I get a poster that isn't in English. (to the left in the photo below)

Any idea how to select/change it to a different poster that's in English. I've looked every where - under every single view type I can think of!

Game of Thrones Poster

Edit: Also where in XBMC folder is all the artwork stored?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding "TV Shows" to main menu0