XBMCbuntu...there is no HDD
Hi,
I just installed the newest version xbmcbuntu on my pc. I have got 2 sata HDD and I installed
system on one of them and the other hdd I just can't find. During the installation there I saw both of disks.

Where can I find it or how can I add the hdd as a source?

thanks
Robin Smile
you need to mount the disk your self.
ok...
i am linux starter user...so i dont know anything Big Grin
now i know that I have to do it across sudo.....
but if I restart pc than is hdd again unmount, how can I fix it ?
you need to mount it in fstab. (google ubuntu fstab)

I am told you can do it with easier with pysdm but I have not tried it.
I assume it will install with sudo apt-get install pysdm
but you will have to verify that.
you can also use your terminal to automount your hardrives/partitions...however the command depends on the type of format you are using...I was able to successfully automount everything s ofar except for exFAT which is a newer microsoft format (however I was able to get it to mount which many ppl said could not be done)...there are many formats you might have used so it would be hard to awnser without knowing this info... however you could just google "automount (your format, ex: NTSF) in (your OS, ex: Ubuntu 12.04)" Im pretty sure what works in ubuntu12.04 will work in xbmcbuntu...and you might have to settle for help from the ubuntu community since it has a much much much bigger reservoir of information. However, I did a quick search and this might be helpful for you since your new to ubuntu and this has a GUI. It looks promising as it colaborates with what vikjon0 wrote

PS, "sudo -i" is your friend Smile
I am not a Linux expert, just a relative newcomer, but this is what helped me.

If you are accessing your XBMCbuntu machine from a Windows PC on your network then "Putty" and "WinSCP" will help a lot. Just Google for them and their directions for use.

And the following link had pretty easy to follow instructions on automounting partitions. It's a few years old and only the Google Cache is still available for it but I recently used the info on a fresh install of Eden and everything still worked for automounting three NTFS drives in my HTPC.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...clnk&gl=us

Good luck.

{EDIT] Oh, and I didn't do the last step in the link above for changing the drives ownership. Everything seems to work fine without that step, probably since my HDDs were NTFS drives.
I am having similar issues but with external HDDs. I can see both in the file manager view but cannot scrape both.... any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu...there is no HDD0