Linux Rebuilding/customizing LiveCD ?
I am trying to find out how I can make modifications to the LiveCD which I would like use each time I boot my HTPC (has no disks, no USB, only CD drive).
For example I would like to change the locale settings in the XML guisettings.xml or add some sources in the sources.xml file.
I found some threads explaining about how to extract the LiveCD (mounting the iso file and squashfs) which works perfectly,
but I can not find the guisettings.xml or sources.xml file. I guess these files is build/created during the boot or extracted from somewhere ?
Or could I use some hooks ?
Where can I find more information about modifying or customizing the LiveCD contents ?

depending on how handy you are you can downloand the xbmcbuntu sdk from github and modify it.

There are hooks and stuff. I do not know it very well but if you spend some hours (days?) to read through the scripts on github you should be able to figure it out.The gui settings are generated if missing so I am not 100% it is created by the live. Should be possible to create or copy it in place.
I assume you use a NAS. In that case you could modify the live cd to mount your home dir from a network share.
This would allow you to store your library, sources.xml, guisettings.xml etc on the NAS. No need to rebuild the CD everytime you want to change something.

Then again, you could also boot the htpc directly over the network.

edit: the files you are looking for are in /home/[username]/.xbmc/ and sub dirs. Some(maybe all) might not exist by default.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rebuilding/customizing LiveCD ?0