Win m3u playlist problem (woks in Dharma but not in Eden)
Hi, I have a "little" problem since I updated from Dharma to Eden.

First of all, I have an external Star Trek USB drive where I store all my Star Trek TV shows, movies and documentaries (ripped from my own DVDs and BluRays before anyone asks). The reason WHY I am watching them from my external drive and not from the original discs is that I want to watch all the episodes of all TV shows in the CHRONOLOGICAL order.

I thought that the easiest way how to do it will be to rip all the movies and episodes to correct folders on the disc, and create very simple m3u playlists which include everything in the chronologically correct order. Buy doing it this way I had both the information about the episodes/movies from the scrappers, AND I knew in which order should I watch it. Of course after each episode was seen, the "mark as seen" "tag" was set ("checked"). And this is the problem - this doesn't work on Eden anymore. After I watch an episode, it gets "checked" only if I watch it in the library mode, it does not show when I watch it from the m3u playlist.

I hope that you understand what I was trying to say (English is not my native language), if no, I can try to do some screenshots :-)

The strange things is that it works on XBMC 10 and not on XBMC 11. Was it replaced by some other functionality ? Or is it a bug ?

I am using the latest stable release (Eden 11.0) on Windows 7 64bit SP1 on an Asrock ION 3D

Thanks for any help
Welcome to the forums... 'note: I feel like the Walmart greeter at the door.'

Eden has taken playlists to a new level... better in my opinion and getting even better for subsequent generations... but I guess there are trade-offs and the watched status while inside playlists could be a casualty, although seeing the watched status still works for me, setting it might not work... I haven't noticed. There is going to be a lot more changes in how the library and playlists are handled... so don't get too comfortable with how things are now and perhaps your fix will come.

I probably wouldn't have set-up my collection this way (but each to his own). It might have been simpler to set-up TV shows as TV shows with the seasons and epsidoes. Movies in their own folders, and then link the movies to the TV shows... so the movies show up in the TV show folder as a virtual link (Some skins support this) but as note it might not be in 'perfect', chronological order... The watched status is available not only in movie mode, but file mode... and I just checked my playlists seem to hold the watched status as well, but might not set one...

Devs take note if a message is written by a donator, otherwise... it's a speculative forum greeter you get.

P.S. Welcome to the forums.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
m3u playlist problem (woks in Dharma but not in Eden)0