• 1(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists

Sites used
www.theaudiodb.com [default biography]
www.musicbrainz.org [default discography]
www.allmusic.com [default genre, styles, lifespan, moods, years]
www.fanart.tv [default artwork]
www.htbackdrops.com [Fallback fanart]

This scraper collects information from the following supported sites: MusicBrainz, last.fm, and allmusic.com, while grabs artwork from: fanart.tv, htbackdrops.com, last.fm and allmusic.com. It can be set field by field that from which site you want that specific information.

The initial search is always done on MusicBrainz. In case allmusic link is not added on the MusicBrainz site, fields from allmusic.com cannot be fetched (very easy to add those missing links though).

You can find and download it from the Team-XBMC official addon repository.
...and again: just awesome. thx for all your scraper work, really an essential part for xbmc.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Olympia .. cannot wait to try this .. Thanks
Hi,
I'm waiting for the "french language" setting for lastfm grabs Smile
Thanks
(2012-06-01, 20:57)nonob Wrote: Hi,
Thanks

Done in scraper v1.1.0
Smile Smile
I will try it soon !

Thanks
What About Album scraping ? any plans on making this an all in one Universal music scraper handling artists & albums .
Does it help if all my library is tagged by MB picard ? I have mine done via Mediamonkey .. and it took me a long time to get things sorted .. I don't want to screw things further
What do you mean by all in one? Artist and album scrapers are separate, they cannot be merged.

There might be a chance for an Universal Album scraper, but still it will be separate (and feature wise will not be a lot more than the current MusicBrainz album scraper).

In Frodo, there might be an improvement to use the MB ID( MusicBrainz ID) by the scrapers to search (this is not the case currently).
This means today if your music is tagged properly without the mbid then there is no difference between the taggers.
This will change if this feature gets implemented, because having the mbid in the tags will improve searching and accuracy dramatically.
Quote: nonob Wrote: Hi,
Thanks

Done in scraper v1.1.0

It works fine, thanks a lot Smile

Hi,
Could it be possible to add google image to fanart scrapers, with resolution settings ?
I search manually on google when fanart.tv or hdbackdrops doen't find anything..
Thanks
No, please add those images to fanart.tv, so you give something back to the community.
I just added my music collection to XBMC this weekend and played around with the music artist scrapers. First off thanks for developing these useful add-ons.

Here is what I found. I initially just used the Universal Scraper at its default settings. I found that it was incomplete with discography information and artist bios, sometimes it got it sometimes it didn't. Also thumbs and fanart was sometimes there, sometimes not. What I had to do was then re-scan my entire library (remove source, re-add source) with the last.fm artist scraper and then later the musicbrainz scraper to pull in some of the missing information to my cache and then finally re-run the Universal Scraper to get most of the information to appear and be available for all artists (still some gaps but much better).

Given that the Universal Scraper is set up to scrape information from Last.fm and similar information on thumbs and fanart as in those other scrapers I am not sure why it didn't in many cases and I needed to ultimately run all three scrapers to get information into cache.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I am definetly brand new to XBMC. But I found much greater success and having complete artist information by running all of them.
sometimes is not something i can test.
(2012-06-04, 14:39)olympia Wrote: No, please add those images to fanart.tv, so you give something back to the community.

Thanks for your replie.

(2012-06-04, 18:35)olympia Wrote: sometimes is not something i can test.

Understood. Just an overall comment then. My running of the universal scraper returned poor results overall. I needed to run last.fm and musicbrainz to grab information that I had thought would have been scraped by the the universal scraper. Even though the universal scraper is set up to grab artist bios from last.fm, it did not and I would need to run last.fm to get those bios as an example.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Artists9