• 8(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists
Hi,

I'm also having a problem with just the universal artist scraper on Eden. The scraper repeatedly prompts me for the artist name. I have double checked the scraper settings and all of the other scrapers work just fine. I rolled back a few versions but the issue persisted. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt
Just found what seems to be the problem. I have to manually set each artist to the universal scraper even though the "Artists" category is set to it. Is there any way to do that quickly?
Any chance support could be added for getting Genre from theaudiodb?
(2012-09-26, 04:42)msderganc Wrote: Hi,

I'm also having a problem with just the universal artist scraper on Eden. The scraper repeatedly prompts me for the artist name. I have double checked the scraper settings and all of the other scrapers work just fine. I rolled back a few versions but the issue persisted. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt
Just found what seems to be the problem. I have to manually set each artist to the universal scraper even though the "Artists" category is set to it. Is there any way to do that quickly?

I'm also having a problem with Universal Scrapers (both for Artists and Albums) and exactly the same result. The scraper doesn't get any information and keeps repeatdly prompting me for the artist name (or album).

The "solution" that Matt referred doesn't work for me either...
I'm also having the same problem.

I tried various things to get this plugin to work but nothing helped.
Eventually I even removed everything XBMC from my PC and tried with a new 11.0 install, but even that didn't work.

I keep getting the message Matt and Agkel0s described too.
My workaround only works occasionally I've noticed. There is definitely an issue here.
(2012-09-30, 03:32)msderganc Wrote: My workaround only works occasionally I've noticed. There is definitely an issue here.

I am having exact same problem using both the 11.0 release and also Frodo both on Windows 7 64. Kept being prompted to re-enter artist name even though I have tagged all files using Music Brainz Picard
Same problem with 2.1.5 Universal Music Artist with XBMC 11 on Windows 7 :

The strange thing is that request to musicbrainz look go :

Code:
20:38:57 T:5240   DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindArtist: Searching for 'Gossip' using Universal Artist Scraper scraper (file: 'C:\Users\mikael\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.artists.universal', content: 'artists', version: '2.1.5')
20:38:57 T:5240   DEBUG: scraper: CreateArtistSearchUrl returned <url>http://search.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/artist/?fmt=xml&query=artist:Gossip&limit=100</url>
20:38:57 T:5240   DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0044C904) http://search.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/artist/?fmt=xml&query=artist:Gossip&limit=100
20:38:57 T:5240    INFO: XCURL::DllLibCurlGlobal::easy_aquire - Created session to http://search.musicbrainz.org
20:38:58 T:5240   DEBUG: scraper: GetArtistSearchResults returned <results></results>
20:38:58 T:5240   DEBUG: Thread MUSIC_GRABBER::CMusicInfoScraper 5240 terminating

And if I submit the request through my browser, get the right XML :

http://search.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/artis...&limit=100

But scraper didn't scrap anything :

GetArtistSearchResults returned <results></results>
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2012-10-01, 20:46)mikebzh44 Wrote: Same problem with 2.1.5 Universal Music Artist with XBMC 11 on Windows 7 :

The strange thing is that request to musicbrainz look go :

And if I submit the request through my browser, get the right XML :

http://search.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/artis...&limit=100

But scraper didn't scrap anything :

GetArtistSearchResults returned <results></results>

Getting the same on lastest Frodo build from master.
Neither artist or albums are scraping
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
They are "playing" with the API layout.
They changed and now they changed it back - so rolling back to 2.1.4 should help. I will fix this up soon.
Thanks Olympia!
Fixed in v2.1.6
Hello, thanks for the update! However still does not seem to work on my side (asking for artist name again and again).
Should I provide a log to you? How can I do this?
(2012-10-02, 17:36)julience Wrote: Hello, thanks for the update! However still does not seem to work on my side (asking for artist name again and again).
Should I provide a log to you? How can I do this?
I can confirm that v2.1.6 is working again. Thanks Olympia!
@julience
debug log (wiki)
Yes, with 2.1.6, I was able to download info for may new artists and albums entries.

Thanks a lot.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Hello,
With 2.1.7 I'm unable to download artists informations, it still ask me ever and ever for artist name.

Thanks in advance
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Artists9