Win XBMC can't find my Buffalo Linkstation Live NAS 3TB
Sad 
Hello,

I'm trying to connect my XBMC to my Buffalo Linkstation live NAS with no sucess. I already know that the Buffalo supports CIFS/SMB, AFP and I have already set the shared folders on the NAS. I can acess it from Windows (mapped the drive and using the provided NAS navigator software).

The problem is that XBMC can't find the Buffalo Linkstation Live on SMB or AFP. I tried it on two computers, a desktop (with wired connection to the router) and a HTPC (with wireless connection) and neither computer were able to find the drive. Tried SMB and AFP. The only way I can find the NAS is using UPnP, which I don't wnat to use (because of the low speed and transcoding - NAS will transcode the file instead of the computer).

I know, for sure, that the NAS is working because I can find it on my WDTV Live Gen 3 as a network drive (the WDTV Live is connected, to the router using wifi). Only XBMC can't find the Linkstation live.

Computer 1)
i5 2500K
16 gb RAM
Wired Connection to the router
Windows 7 x64
XBMC 11 RC2

Computer 2)
A6-3870K
4GB Ram
Wifi connection to the router
Windows 7 x64
XBMC 11 Final

NAS
Buffalo Linkstation Live 3TB
Two shared folders
Folders shared both as "Windows" and AFP
Static IP with correct DNS

Router
Linksys e2000
dd-wrt v24-16785
Can find all devices with no problem
DHCP Disabled
All devices are connected using static IP

Does anyone can help me?

Thanks
First, can you see the SMB shares from the Linkstation inside of Windows?
I can acess the NAS from windows using the NAS navigation software (that came with the NAS) or mapping the IP address to a drive letter. Also I can find the NAS on "network" but only as a Media device (with media server option enabled on the NAS).

Under network discovery, the "network discovery" option is On

Tried turning off Windows firewall and Kaspersky (turned it off completely)

I can find the NAS drive (as a network drive) in the WD TV Live G3
I am not familiar with the Linkstation, but until you can get Windows to see actual SMB shares on the NAS, you will not be able to acess them in XBMC.
From what little I can gather from the online docs it appears SMB is on by default. You should make sure the Linkstation is on the same workgroup as the PCs. You should be able to access it by opening a new Windows Explorer window and typing \\LinkStation_Name\share_name in the address field. If not, then something is not setup properly on the Linkstation or the network.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC can't find my Buffalo Linkstation Live NAS 3TB0