IR Remote Keymapping HID.Button
Is there any way to get the a button press which a remote I have translates to Eventghost as (for example) HID.Button.56+34+59 into the keymap xml?

It's a Vaio Remote which I got really cheap, but I like it and would ideally like to use as my main remote for my build.
I know from another poster here that it is possible to get this working with xbmc, so if anyone has another/better solution I'd hugely appreciate the help.

If I test it in Intelliremote, then it gives me the following exampole for a button press and depress;
Code:
MCE : string = '00 34 1A 33 00';
MCE : string = '00 B4 1A 33 00';

and though I've tried to read the wiki and various forum posts, I'm still unsure how i'd add this to the keymap xml.
Thanks in advance.
Just set it up in EvenGhost and don't even worry about XBMC's keymaps.
Thanks, but I just can't figure out the keystrokes in eventghost.
Not exactly user friendly for non-coders.

I had a play around with Intelliremote and it learns one of the keys no problem, but that's where the trial version ends and I don't want to pay $25 for it. I may as well buy a new remote for that!
Actually, I figured it out thanks.

It works pretty damn well after all the configuring. Far better than the ASSrock remote at three times the price Big Grin
EG is quite powerful. Once you get the hang of how to configure, it you can do all kinds of things.
Yeah, it's awesome, glad I took the time to get my head around it.
Whilst trying to configure this Vaio remote, I noticed that it was reading the signal from my Sony Bravia TV remote, so I configured Eventghost to use this remote to navigate XBMC. Then I remembered that I had another Sony remote that came with a cheap DVD player, so I tried that and it actually works better than both.

So for the price of the Vaio (£4.99) receiver and remote, I've finally got a remote that I'm happy with and can even use the TV remote for when I'm especially lazy to reach for the other on the shelf Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR Remote Keymapping HID.Button0