Beer's M350 A6-3500
(2012-05-29, 18:12)CpTHOOK Wrote:
(2012-05-29, 16:59)Beer40oz Wrote: Bluray and HOOK are going to be happy I am trying out the stock cooler..... Smile

I know you dig after market CPU coolers. How much clerance do you have? Y not try out the Scythe SCKZT-1000 Run it Slow N' Low for absolute silence!

Eskro says these RAM sticks should fit under cooler!

Yup thanx man....

Keeping the cost low on this one... for now.

And I am going to be using the same crucial yellow 1866 ram as the A6-PACK....

As you said you can not hear the stock cooler when properly tuned in bios. So ill give it a shot.

Cool

(2012-05-29, 17:51)twelvebore Wrote: I've used this case, with an E-350 (which was too slow) and now a Core i3.

I Dremeled the fan off the top of a stock Intel HSF, and glued an 80mm fan to the top lid as close as possible to the centre of the heatsink bit (along the lines eskro is suggesting). I'm using just one of the two HDD brackets for the SSD. I don't think a 120mm fan will fit doing this, 92mm maybe I'm not sure. I used a 25mm thick fan, as I've found them in general to be quieter than low-profile fans (I don't like the slim Scythes, either the 100mm or the 120mm).

so how much clearance from cpu socket to top of case cover?

max 40mm ??
Just got the case the next day! Laugh

So first impressions this case is well made... it's like a tank!

It is beautiful and simple.

It's so darn small...... now it can be placed on the desk or on the back of the monitor. Now I am thinking to keep it on the desk. Wink

And yes the stock 1 1/2" cooler will fit with no problems......

likes like 40mm max for a cooler.

nice man!

so tiny!
That stock faceplate is ugly... did that guy in Italy make his own faceplate (it is nice)?

Is there any room for a laptop DVD drive? I'm considering getting this and modding it to accommodate a laptop drive if possible.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2012-05-31, 05:00)Livin Wrote: That stock faceplate is ugly... did that guy in Italy make his own faceplate (it is nice)?

Is there any room for a laptop DVD drive? I'm considering getting this and modding it to accommodate a laptop drive if possible.

Mmm I think the stock faceplate is nice! Laugh

I don't think a laptop drive will fit.... it's too small.....

Down the road I will get a DVD burner..... but who uses them this days anyways!!!!!

yeah, just go external
After measuring the stock cooler on the A6-3500 it's not going to fit because the 2.5 HD will be in the way. The HD bracket needs to come off and somewhere else place the HD....

Been and been looking at aftermarket coolers.... I still don't have all parts in yet but for sure the HD will be in the way for the stock cooler witch is a bummer.

So I ordered this Xigmatek CAC-D9HH4-U02 PRAETON LD964 Low profile HDT CPU Cooler to be on the safe side. It's only 30MM low (stock cooler is 38MM) that seems it will give me 8MM more witch is what I need + a little left space.

I love the fact that it also has a PWM fan for tuning....

Big Grin

Cheers people.... you don't know hard it's been to find a low profile cooler for this.

SadConfusedSad

Nice find, Beer.

I've been looking at this 29mm cooler but yours looks better (and can be found at Newegg)
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13116/cpu-aka-06/

Dougie I should I asked you.... Sad that one looks way better since the RPM's can go down to 600 RPM..... less noise. Reviews on the Xigmatek they say the fan is whiny... The lowest it will go is 1000RPM.

Wow it's better!!!!!!! what are you talking about.... you found the best one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the fast reply. Getting that one from frozen CPU.....

Ok bought the one from Frozen CPU........... I love it has the stock clips to mount too...... Smile

WOW! 29MM tall....
The description says "Aluminium heatsink with copper base" but the model no. and picture show the all-aluminum model. You'll have to let us know which it is.
(2012-05-31, 16:55)Dougie Fresh Wrote: The description says "Aluminium heatsink with copper base" but the model no. and picture show the all-aluminum model. You'll have to let us know which it is.

Yes I will.. I'll post pics for you..... Laugh
This one "Slim Silence AM2 (CC-SSilence-AM2)" might be the quietest low profile (28mm) FM1 CPU on the market.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-31, 22:11)bluray Wrote: This one "Slim Silence AM2 (CC-SSilence-AM2)" might be the quietest low profile (28mm) FM1 CPU on the market.....

Wow good find!
(2012-05-31, 22:17)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 22:11)bluray Wrote: This one "Slim Silence AM2 (CC-SSilence-AM2)" might be the quietest low profile (28mm) FM1 CPU on the market.....

Wow good find!
Gelid don't just make case fan, they make very good low profile CPU cooler too- Gelid CPU Cooler.

I installed this one "CPU Cooler Slim Silence 775" in my previous Dell desktop with Intel chip. The case is a very small form factor, and it is probably thiner than your case. It was a very quiet CPU cooler.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beer's M350 A6-3500 1